Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix 2 Case Review Thread

This is a discussion on Atrix 2 Case Review Thread within the Atrix 2 Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; Thanks for the concise review, cogeary! -Mike...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Thanks for the concise review, cogeary!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    One thing about Atrix 2 cases that I'll be interested in finding out: will they exhibit the same problem as Atrix 4G cases, i.e. they prevent you from using a car/home/HD dock at the same time. That's probably the single most annoying thing about the Atrix; fortunately, the TPU case I'm using is flexible, and comes off easily, so I can still use the docks (it's just a little more involved).
    Arent most cases like that? I have an Otterbox Defender for my iPod Touch and its like that as is the case for my Zune80 as well as the case for my SE Xperia X10. None of them will allow use of a dock when the device is in the case.

sent from my Motorola Atrix 2

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 916A2 View Post
    Arent most cases like that? I have an Otterbox Defender for my iPod Touch and its like that as is the case for my Zune80 as well as the case for my SE Xperia X10. None of them will allow use of a dock when the device is in the case.
    I would not be at all surprised if that were the case, though my only experience with smartphones is with my Atrix (I had a RAZR flip phone before that). Too bad. I'd like a more ruggedized case like the Otterbox, but I use my docks so much that I needed a case that was easy to remove. The TPU does that for me. It's nothing like the Otterbox, but it's better than going bareback.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I would not be at all surprised if that were the case, though my only experience with smartphones is with my Atrix (I had a RAZR flip phone before that). Too bad. I'd like a more ruggedized case like the Otterbox, but I use my docks so much that I needed a case that was easy to remove. The TPU does that for me. It's nothing like the Otterbox, but it's better than going bareback.
    Yeah, u just gotta find the one that works best for you and it seems u did. I hope my Otterbox works out for me, should be here in another day or two, woohoo!

sent from my Motorola Atrix 2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, the good ole RAZR. I loved mine when I first got it. I actually kinda miss that phone. Very small and simple. Now Motorola is trying to bring back the RAZR name.

I got the Defender case for my Atrix 2. I wish the AT&T store where I bought mine had the commuter. It seems a bit more practical and easier to take off. I want to make good use of the docs that motorola has out there, but I move A LOT at work and definitely needed a good case for the thing, and its the only one they had. Best buy across the street only had cases for the O.G. Atrix. I do like this Defender case MUCH better than the one I had for my iPhone 3Gs. The screen protector that is on the case fits on the phone without any bubbles, which ANNOYED the hell out of me.

I also like the rubber texture that surrounds the case better than the one I had for the iPhone. The one for the iPhone was smooth, where this one has a rigid back texture that feels better in my had. The belt clip / cover definitely adds some more rigid protection for people who really need it, but it just makes the phone EXTREMELY bulky. The case itself isn't too bulky, but I think its right on the line. I used the clip for the iPhone as my job had me going in attics and climbing ladders. I don't do that anymore so I don't need the protection, and I can work comfortably now with a phone in my pocket. My dad is thinking of getting the Atrix 2, and maybe I can convince him to get the commuter from somewhere and we can trade.

I do have a question, since the phone has gorilla glass, is a screen protector really necessary?? The one on the case doesn't smudge as much as just the glass, but that's the only thing I can think one can be used for is for cleanliness.

I do love the phone and its an extremely good case, but maybe too much of a case.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Gorilla Glass *can* still be scratched, I always recommend screen protectors. Better to have it on, and never need it, than to say *heck with it* and then end up scratching it my Atrix screen has never been touched by anything but a screen protector since it came out of the box on Feb. 22nd. so my screen is still in pristine condition.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I went with the White Otterbox Commuter from the local AT&T store. Fits and looks great.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I went with the Body Glove model from my AT&T store. Its easy to remove and put on. The only down side is the power button area. You have to press hard and it's hard to locate by feel.

I don't know if it will fit in the navigation dock while in the case. I hope to get the dock for Christmas and then I'll see.

I avoided the OtterBox model since I figured it wouldn't fit in any docks. In the past two years I've only dropped my previous phone once or twice.

I also have some brand of screen cover that works really great with the Body Glove case. It's what the store had and you don't use water to put it on. No bubbles or any distortion. Works great with Swype too.

Larry

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads