Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM] Supercharged Atrix [ROM] by lfaber06

This is a discussion on [ROM] Supercharged Atrix [ROM] by lfaber06 within the Atrix 2 Roms forums, part of the Atrix 2 Hacks category; Originally Posted by cogeary Oh definitely. So far the OC'd ROM isn't getting much hotter than the stock, so it seems great to me. I ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [ROM] Supercharged Atrix [ROM] by lfaber06

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
    Oh definitely. So far the OC'd ROM isn't getting much hotter than the stock, so it seems great to me. I might manually OC it a bit higher and see how my phone takes it.

And I remember reading somewhere with an unlocked BL you can do things with the radio... I guess that means you could update the firmware?
    You would be correct in this assessment sir!

This is nice to see for all you guys/gals with the A2 - This is only a P-ROM, not a full fledged ROM, BUT, it IS progress none the less! This is where we started with the Original Atrix as well.. I'm sure it wont be too much longer before you guys have a method to unlock your bootloaders and devs will be able to pump out some custom kernels and build a true, full-fledged ROM for the A2!
    Last edited by G-Man; 01-20-2012 at 05:57 AM.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    You would be correct in this assessment sir!

This is nice to see for all you guys/gals with the A2 - This is only a P-ROM, not a full fledged ROM, BUT, it IS progress none the less! This is where we started with the Original Atrix as well.. I'm sure it wont be too much longer before you guys have a method to unlock your bootloaders and devs will be able to pump out some custom kernels and build a true, full-fledged ROM for the A2!
    Who knows, when we do eventually get the BL unlocked it might be almost unecessary... we can OC without an unlocked bootloader, and our radio works fine. One thing that we probably won't be able to customize without an unlocked BL is the CPU governors... I read that they are compiled in the kernel.

But you're right, it is progress. And an alpha port of CM9 has been out for longer than this P-ROM, and I read that testers will probably start testing a CM7 port this Saturday if some big bugs can get fixed.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Custom Kernels allow a whole new world of custom performance tweaks as well as CPU governing... Most battery life tweaks that help improve battery life are things that are done within the kernel rather than the system alone. Unlocking the bootloader on the A2 will never be 'unnecessary'... It will only help ROM developers unlock the full potential of the A2.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Custom Kernels allow a whole new world of custom performance tweaks as well as CPU governing... Most battery life tweaks that help improve battery life are things that are done within the kernel rather than the system alone. Unlocking the bootloader on the A2 will never be 'unnecessary'... It will only help ROM developers unlock the full potential of the A2.
    Thanks for clarification. A BL unlock is necessary to completely harness the full potential of the A2. However, I do think that if we are able to do things like OC (and still have Android control scaling) and send more/less voltage to the CPU, then who knows what we can't do with a lot of work (and time).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Cogeary, you seem to be focused on overclocking the same way I am about CDMA devices - but from the opposite perspective. (I honestly don't understand why CDMA devices *exist* in this world)

I tend to agree with G-Man that the key to moving forward with the A2 is the eventual full unlocking of the bootloader. That will, as G-Man pointed out, permit the installation of custom kernels and truly open up the potential of that phone. I think you're a lot closer to achieving your goal in that respect, than I am - but we both can dream.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Cogeary, you seem to be focused on overclocking the same way I am about CDMA devices - but from the opposite perspective. (I honestly don't understand why CDMA devices *exist* in this world)

I tend to agree with G-Man that the key to moving forward with the A2 is the eventual full unlocking of the bootloader. That will, as G-Man pointed out, permit the installation of custom kernels and truly open up the potential of that phone. I think you're a lot closer to achieving your goal in that respect, than I am - but we both can dream.

-Mike
    Well... I agree that the key to moving forward with the A2 is a BL unlock... however I don't think that the BL unlock is the next step in moving forwards with the A2. Getting the BL unlock is absolutely an amazing thing in terms of customizability and performance increase, however we are still working on getting a completely stable (P)ROM, and rumor has it that Moto is choosing a select 1000 in a "pre-release soak" in the next couple days, which means that we're getting an update! (Quite unlikely to be ICS though- might be 2.3.7)

I was just trying to say that, although a BL unlock is needed to completely control what you want your A2 to be, we are in the process of progressing much farther without a BL unlock than most other devices have.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Bump for V5!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ISS2 View Post
    Is there an easy way to backup your apps and such? I'll flash this in a few days and want to be fully prepared...
    Yes. Download and install the A2 bootstrap....then when it reboots into CWM recovery make a backup...this will take some time, mine took about 15-20 minutes. After you flash your new rom you can boot into cwm recovery again and go to "backup and restore/advanced restore/restore data" and it will restore everything for you.

Member #
    Twitter
    bsaucier0810
    Liked
    0 times
    if anyone can help me please...ive followed all directions

To Install;
    extract and copy clockworkmod folder to the root of your sd card. (You can merge folders)
    Boot into bootstrap
    Select backup and restore
    Select Advanced
    Select SuperCharged_V_5_Update_2
    select System
    Reboot

I did all of this from rooted 2.3.6 and when i power back up i get a lot of force closes...a lot a lot...please any ideas or further info needed i would be happy to provide

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Try "wipe cache partition" and then "wipe Dalvik Cache" and then "fix permissions".

Unfortunately a lot of people are experiencing this problem... it may be linked to the use of ROM Toolbox. Have you ever used ROM Toolbox to modify your system theme?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads