Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battery Access

This is a discussion on Battery Access within the Atrix 2 Support forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; Wow, this is a technological low point for me. I just picked up the A2 today (YAY!) and am wanting to put in an SD ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Battery Access

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery Access

Wow, this is a technological low point for me. I just picked up the A2 today (YAY!) and am wanting to put in an SD card, but can't get the back cover off.

I saw the little graphic that came with it and am sure it is easy I'm just paranoid of breaking it the first day! Can anybody graciously tell me what the trick is. Yes you may briefly laugh at my complete lack of skill here.

Also if I previously used the SD card in my blackberry, do I need to do any kind of formatting before just popping it in?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    763 times
    I don't have an A2. : ( I couldn't show you even if I wanted to.

I hope you get it figured out though w/out breaking anything. Besides, it should be pretty durable. It's designed to bend and give way when you pull it apart.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2002 times
    If you go to PhoneDog.Com, there are a couple of videos of the Atrix 2 being un-boxed as well as being reviewed. In all of those videos, Aaron Baker (the reviewer) removes the back cover. That should give you a visual cue as to how to proceed to get your back off.

HTH,

-Mike
    nalomo likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dgamby View Post
    Wow, this is a technological low point for me. I just picked up the A2 today (YAY!) and am wanting to put in an SD card, but can't get the back cover off.

I saw the little graphic that came with it and am sure it is easy I'm just paranoid of breaking it the first day! Can anybody graciously tell me what the trick is. Yes you may briefly laugh at my complete lack of skill here.

Also if I previously used the SD card in my blackberry, do I need to do any kind of formatting before just popping it in?

Thanks.
    Haha, this is too funny! I'm laughing with you, not at you. LoL. But its super easy, hold the phone like ur about to make a call, tilt the head of the phone toward the ground so you can see the bottom of the phone and you should see a small opening about the width of a fingernail between the plastic back and metal trim. Put ur fingernail in the opening and pull out and down and it should pop right off. Hope this helps......and I wont tell anyone u couldnt figure it out, our little secret, haha.

sent from my Motorola Atrix 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I was the same way with my OG Atrix when I first got it. I was worried I would just snap that thin plastic in half. I hope you figure it out.
    thekooliest likes this.

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    I was the same way with my OG Atrix when I first got it. I was worried I would just snap that thin plastic in half. I hope you figure it out.
    Same

Sent from my Rooted 2.3.4 Atrix Using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2002 times
    Sounds unscientific, but basically you have to get a fingernail under one of the corners and *fiddle* with it until you get a portion to come loose. Then you kind of expand that out, holding the part you loosened out, while running your other fingernail along that line to push more and more of the back loose until it pops off.

Sorry for the terminology used, I'm not the tech expert, so I tried to use layman's terms.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Sounds unscientific, but basically you have to get a fingernail under one of the corners and *fiddle* with it until you get a portion to come loose. Then you kind of expand that out, holding the part you loosened out, while running your other fingernail along that line to push more and more of the back loose until it pops off.

Sorry for the terminology used, I'm not the tech expert, so I tried to use layman's terms.

-Mike
    Why not just use the opening they molded into the case, as I explained above, which was put there for this exact reason?

sent from my Motorola Atrix 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I think people were just helping boost some confidence in Dgamby. I'm sure that is the best method, but as I only have the OG Atrix, I can't try your way.
    G-Man likes this.

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    I think people were just helping boost some confidence in Dgamby. I'm sure that is the best method, but as I only have the OG Atrix, I can't try your way.
    I was talking to Ultra Droid, but either way, as long as the dang ol' case gets off, who cares how, right?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads