Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

status icons ?

This is a discussion on status icons ? within the Atrix 2 Support forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; Is there a way to change the icons in the status bar at the top of the screen?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: status icons ?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

status icons ?

Is there a way to change the icons in the status bar at the top of the screen?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Nope.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I know on the X10 w/locked bootloader you could via editing frameworkres and systemui files. But at this point with no way to recover ur phone not many are gonna try that to see if it works. But I thinks its doable.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtjmc View Post
    Is there a way to change the icons in the status bar at the top of the screen?
    Right now, the only way to do it is to install a custom theme, and that can't be done until the Atrix 2's bootloader is unlocked (which voids your warranty, etc.) and its secrets revealed to all the mad scientist ROM hackers out there. Until then, I'm afraid you're stuck.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    Right now, the only way to do it is to install a custom theme, and that can't be done until the Atrix 2's bootloader is unlocked (which voids your warranty, etc.) and its secrets revealed to all the mad scientist ROM hackers out there. Until then, I'm afraid you're stuck.
    The bootloader doesnt need to be unlocked to install a theme, the only thing stopping us at this point is no sbf and no fully functional recovery, once we get those things we're good.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 916A2 View Post
    The bootloader doesnt need to be unlocked to install a theme, the only thing stopping us at this point is no sbf and no fully functional recovery, once we get those things we're good.
    Every theme I've seen (that isn't designed for the T-Mobile Theme Chooser used on CM7) requires it. If a disinterested third party could either confirm or correct my thinking, I'd appreciate it, as I wouldn't want to continue spreading misinformation.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I agree, your bootloader needs to be unlocked + a custom ROM in place for it to work. There is no other way at the moment. The icons in the notification bar are fried into the stock ROM and can't be changed.

Edit/ the only one that I know that works in by installing Launcher 7 which is a port of Windows phone UI. But that is only a overlay, it doesn't really change them.

Last edited by RobKort; 11-21-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    MJPollard likes this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Well let me enlighten you

My previous Android phone was a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, its bootloader was not yet unlocked and I was running Wolfbreak Xperia v6.0 (stock based rom due to locked bootloader) with a theme called "Envy". With just the rom, everything was pretty much stock except for no bloatware and some performance tweaks, with the theme, the whole look of the rom changed, including the status bar icons.

WB rom (and my custom battery theme)

WB rom w/Envy theme

The bootloader does not need to be unlocked to apply roms or themes......matter of fact, somebody on XDA is already running a theme on their Atrix 2 which he was able to get by pushing it via adb. His name is duke0884, ask him if his bootloader is unlocked and if he's got a custom rom.

Now if a custom rom is what you want, or a custom kernel and the ability to safely OC/UV then the bootloader would have to get unlocked.

Last edited by 916A2; 11-21-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 916A2 View Post
    Well let me enlighten you

My previous Android phone was a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, its bootloader was not yet unlocked and I was running Wolfbreak Xperia v6.0 (stock based rom due to locked bootloader) with a theme called "Envy". With just the rom, everything was pretty much stock except for no bloatware and some performance tweaks, with the theme, the whole look of the rom changed, including the status bar icons.

WB rom (and my custom battery theme)

WB rom w/Envy theme

The bootloader does not need to be unlocked to apply roms or themes......matter of fact, somebody on XDA is already running a theme on their Atrix 2 which he was able to get by pushing it via adb. His name is duke0884, ask him if his bootloader is unlocked and if he's got a custom rom.

Now if a custom rom is what you want, or a custom kernel and the ability to safely OC/UV then the bootloader would have to get unlocked.

So you posted pics of a Xperia phone. I don't see the relevance as the OP is referring to the A2 and as far as I know (and I don't claim to know everything) I have not see a locked Atrix with custom icons on the notification bar anyware, and the only method *I know* is by installing the a custom ROM. If someone can confirm that this is possible I would gladly revert my opinion. But without and specific app/procedures in place I can't say that what you say is true. Maybe posting a link to the solution would be best, don't you think?

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    Custom themes do not require an unlocked bootloader. We had themes available for the OG Atrix within a week of pre-release. The only pre-requisite is that the system be rooted and deodexed. You must also be able to use ADB to pull the original Framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk, and back them up. Edit the images to be 'themed' and then push the modified apks back onto the phone Via ADB. The A2 should also be capable at this stage, of using P-Roms - such as the ones we had for the OG atrix, like Adeo, Gladiatrix etc etc... I do not yet know of any for the A2 though, nor any themes. But I dont research the A2 as much as the OG Atrix - seeing as how i dont own an A2.
    UltraDroid, ManDroid and MJPollard like this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads