Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Phone keeps going into emergency mode

This is a discussion on Phone keeps going into emergency mode within the Atrix 2 Support forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; I have a Atrix 2 with AT&T and my phone keeps switching from perfect 4g signal to emergency mode and frequently disconnects my calls. It ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Phone keeps going into emergency mode

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Phone keeps going into emergency mode

I have a Atrix 2 with AT&T and my phone keeps switching from perfect 4g signal to emergency mode and frequently disconnects my calls. It only switches for about 5 seconds and then goes right back to full strength signal. I was told by at&t that it was a sim card error but replaced that last night and it is still doing it today. Has been going on since I got the phone in December and it is getting really annoying.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Have you tried a factory reset? And have you updated to the latest 4.5.141/2.3.6 update?
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    Have you tried a factory reset? And have you updated to the latest 4.5.141/2.3.6 update?
    It did it before the update and still doing it after. I have not tried doing a factory reset. Not excited about starting over so want to make that my last choice. The fact that it did it with the first phone call I made makes me doubt that it would help. The first two weeks I had it, I thought I was just to stupid to use a smart phone and thought I was some how hitting the touch screen and hanging up.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    AT&T will try increasingly complex troubleshooting steps. Since they've tried the SIM card swap, if you call back, they probably try something new. Maybe suggest that they kick your phone off of the tower and make it reconnect.

If it's not network related, which I believe it very well could be, then it could come down to phone hardware and call for a replacement.

Either way, I think this is an issue AT&T will have to rectify.

P.S. Moving to Atrix 2 section.

Sent from my Unlocked/Stock MotoATRIX using Tapatalk
    thekooliest likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Google does a nice job of backing up your data. Just make sure they are doing just that in the settings. You will have to reinstall your apps but there again the Market keeps tabs on the apps you've installed under the "My Apps" menu setting. A factory reset really isn't that big a deal for the most part. You can even have it leave your SD card alone. If it were me though I'd back up music pictures and documents on a computer and have the reset format the SD card in the process. That's my 2 cents.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have an US AT&T Atrix 2. Everytime I start the phone it shows the android setup wizard for 10 seconds and then goes to "Emergency Calls Only" lock screen. I have tried full reset via Recovery. I have tried flashing stock rom (.sbf format using RSD lite 5.6) Everything I have tried makes no change at all. I was looking for a rom\root file (.sbf format to I could change the OS and maybe change it back). I could really use some guidance here. I'm no noob to rooting and flashing but I usually work with HTC and Samsung.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joetate87 View Post
    I have an US AT&T Atrix 2. Everytime I start the phone it shows the android setup wizard for 10 seconds and then goes to "Emergency Calls Only" lock screen. I have tried full reset via Recovery. I have tried flashing stock rom (.sbf format using RSD lite 5.6) Everything I have tried makes no change at all. I was looking for a rom\root file (.sbf format to I could change the OS and maybe change it back). I could really use some guidance here. I'm no noob to rooting and flashing but I usually work with HTC and Samsung.
    It sounds like it's either an account (wireless) issue or a damaged SIM card or SIM card contacts. Is it also showing no SIM? Is it an old SIM card or has the phone been left in any extreme heat?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 via Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Ads