Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Booting to CWM instead of normal boot.

This is a discussion on Booting to CWM instead of normal boot. within the Atrix 2 Support forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; I installed a new ROM this morning but now the phone keeps booting to CWM instead of a normal boot.Once in CWM, you can tell ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By cogeary
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Booting to CWM instead of normal boot.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Booting to CWM instead of normal boot.

I installed a new ROM this morning but now the phone keeps booting to CWM instead of a normal boot.Once in CWM, you can tell it to reboot and it boots fine. I know with my Kindle, you could change a boot code to tell it how to boot. Is there something of similar with the A2?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    It sounds like the bootstrap/boot image didn't flash correctly and might need to be flashed over. BUT, I have done no hacking with the Atrix 2, so I don't want to steer you incorrectly. Possibly try to shoot cogeary a PM with this issue.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    This is a feature in certain ROMs. Since we can't boot into CWM from poweroff, the next best thing is to always boot into CWM and then boot into normal Android. Although it's annoying it can also be very helpful if you accidentally mess up something on your phone but don't want to flash the fxz.

Each ROM is different, but the file that enables CWM on boot should be in /system/etc/init.d. It will probably be named something like "cwmonboot" or similar. If you delete the file and reboot once or twice you should be able to boot directly into Android.

Hope this helps!
    das8nt, sepa and UltraDroid like this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
    This is a feature in certain ROMs. Since we can't boot into CWM from poweroff, the next best thing is to always boot into CWM and then boot into normal Android. Although it's annoying it can also be very helpful if you accidentally mess up something on your phone but don't want to flash the fxz.

Each ROM is different, but the file that enables CWM on boot should be in /system/etc/init.d. It will probably be named something like "cwmonboot" or similar. If you delete the file and reboot once or twice you should be able to boot directly into Android.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks again, bud!
    cogeary likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that's exactly what i was looking for...but got me to thinking maybe i should leave it this way, as it brings up a very good point.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Thanks again, bud!
    Happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by sepa View Post
    Thanks, that's exactly what i was looking for...but got me to thinking maybe i should leave it this way, as it brings up a very good point.
    Yep, it's been quite useful for me a few times. But I do agree that it gets pretty annoying. What you could do is just move the file to your sdcard and then move it back whenever you do modifications.
    Last edited by cogeary; 07-03-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: punctuation

Remove Ads

Ads