Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

usb micro cable and my atrix hd

This is a discussion on usb micro cable and my atrix hd within the Atrix 3 HD General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 3 HD Forum category; Folks, I recently upgraded my phone from a Motorola Tundra to the Atrix HD. The Tundra is a great phone and will come in LOUD ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Condor97

Thread: usb micro cable and my atrix hd

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

usb micro cable and my atrix hd

Folks,

I recently upgraded my phone from a Motorola Tundra to the Atrix HD. The Tundra is a great phone and will come in LOUD when other phones are saying no service. However, I wanted to make a move into the 21st century and more importantly be able to tether when we are camping in the mountains. Tethering is working great, BTW.

My question to your collective wisdom is this, what is up with the charging/data cable on this device? My old phone had a mini usb and I got adapters that are branded Motorola, btw, and work great. However, any old micro usb cable that I have around the house will not work with this phone. My husband pulled out a Nokia cable that he used to have with an old phone. It worked, but the phone was really slow to recognize it, connect with it, and it wasn't charging at all with it.

Is this everyone's experience? Will any spare micro usb cables that I pick up need to have an M on them to work? I had thought that micro usb was a standard used by all manufacturers.

Thanks,

Gina_in_Georgia
    Decatur, Georgia

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Hi Gina! Welcome to the forum. It is hard to say why your old usb cable will not work. It is always best, however, to use the cable provided for your phone, as that was the one designed for it.
    nalomo likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    I agree. Is always best to use the supplied cable that came with your phone. I can't speak on the technology behind it, but different phone cables are capable of handling their designed wattage, so that may have something to do with why it won't work well or is just slow to work.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    When I first got my A2 I bought a spare charger with it from the ATT store. The cable that came with that charger would not handle data. Later, after that charger got wacky (phone started to reboot any time it was connected) I ordered a new one from Motorola on line and the cable that came with it works fine for data. It is physically different. Thicker than the noname one that ATT sold me.

w

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Gina...

The Atrix HD requires a micro usb cable that is data capable only when you want to transfer data and charge at the same time. I have bought several charges for multiple phones that require the micro usb and they all work to charge my HD, but not transfer data. Best place to buy them for the best price is Big Lots. Hopefully you have one near you.

Remove Ads

Ads