Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The "I Got an Atrix 3 HD" Thread

This is a discussion on The "I Got an Atrix 3 HD" Thread within the Atrix 3 HD General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 3 HD Forum category; Thanks.. first thing checked when i got it...says is up to date. I have few things think that is reason for poor battery life. 1)wallpaper ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The "I Got an Atrix 3 HD" Thread

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: The "I Got an Atrix 3 HD" Thread

Thanks.. first thing checked when i got it...says is up to date. I have few things think that is reason for poor battery life. 1)wallpaper was from gallery much brighter on display
    2)4g. Many areas I'm in don't have strong 4g seems to use battery trying to maintain 4g...

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ok learned a few things. 1) using image from gallery as wallpaper...major drain on battery. Switched to live wallpaper stock and great improvement on battery life. 2) dropped lookout and then dropped avast after they both proved to be major drainers as well. Currently running avg mobile for security and anti theft. Although i still require a charging during the day to get thru at least now it is not constantly being charged. Also i tend to use more battery when in areas that are not 4g..

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Good to know about using wallpaper from a gallery. I will make that change at once.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times

A little late to the party, but I'm now rocking an Atrix HD. Quite an upgrade from the Atrix 4G. Had it less than 12 hours and still trying to get it customized to my liking.

Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Welcome to the club. I love mine.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by bracchus View Post
    Welcome to the club. I love mine.
    Yes, so far I'm liking it. Initial impressions are that it's much faster and the screen is much nicer (colors are more vibrant) than the 4G. The 4G was fast for most things, but there were some apps that were really slow in places (i.e. Gasbuddy), but the same apps fly on the HD. The HD also seems to switch to/from WiFi and mobile data much faster than the 4G.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I joined the Atrix party late in the game but I'm enjoying it so far. It's a snappy device but the lack of internal storage is a little frustrating. I traded a Windows Phone for the Atrix, never considered rooting the device until I found out I couldn't. I guess that's how it works anyway. The battery life is still up for debate. I'm going through a couple of charge cycles now. I think over time it will be a stronger, all-day performer.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Well, I've joined the HD club even later, just got mine yesterday. I paid a buck at Best Buy on a 2-year upgrade. I would have gone through Walmart online but they did not have it available. A couple weeks ago they were running the free cardock sale, of course.

Lots to love here! Great screen, and so light. Once the Best Buy guy handed it over to me, I was really surprised at how much lighter it is than my A2. Battery life so far has been comparable to my A2, but it's only been a day. I work in front of a PC all day, though, so I usually keep it plugged in and charging. Car charger for the road, and a couple places to charge it at home. I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a big honkin' 32G SD card, go whole hog w/ this bad-dog.

Only 3 gripes- can't plug it into my PC as Mass Storage, I love that about the A2. I guess there are workarounds, but the ones I've seen are clumsy. I will not be rooting, need to protect it, so I think my options are limited. There's a lot of wasted space around the screen. Of course, a bigger screen would have cost more, etc., but I can't help feeling slightly like it's pretending to have a larger screen. And part of that screen is permanently covered w/ the Google search bar, the price we pay for losing the dedicated buttons from the A2. I liked my buttons.

Still, very happy so far. See? --->
    Last edited by grub; 08-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Ads