Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Jelly Bean (4.1.1) Now Available

This is a discussion on Jelly Bean (4.1.1) Now Available within the Atrix 3 HD General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 3 HD Forum category; I went to my phone settings today to check for updates and jelly bean was available through AT&T even though it did not notify me ...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Jelly Bean (4.1.1) Now Available

I went to my phone settings today to check for updates and jelly bean was available through AT&T even though it did not notify me of any updates.It was about 120mb. The update went smooth without any problems or at least that I'm aware of. I was using Nova Launcher before the update but I disabled it so I can see what the differences are. First thing I noticed was the difference in the notification center. You can now perform certain tasks directly from the center (I.e. if you have a missed call you'll have two options: call back or message).Also, the keyboard is a bit more responsive and spell check is much better. The three bottom virtual buttons now look like the nexus buttons (which I think is a nice touch). There is no more actions from the messaging or phone apps. Before, you can swipe up or down on the messaging app without opening it to see new texts or what not. You can't do that now (unless I am missing something). Battery life seems to be okay (same as before) but I've only had running for about an hour or so. I took a couple of pictures but it's still not great. There's been a bit of fine tuning everywhere to make apps open faster and smoother. Everything's much more fluid. I've switched back to my Nova Prime Launcher because I don't like the permanent Google search bar up top (even if you disable it, there's still the gap). I also don't like when sliding through home screens, you can reach the end and reach the create a home screen page.Anyways, the jellybean update along with the nova launcher it's a good update. It's a lot smoother than ICS. I'm glad Motorola came through with the update unlike what they did with the original atrix (which I owned before upgrading to the HD).

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    After the upgrade, my Exchange account has decided that I need to update my security settings. This involves activating a device administrator which seems to give my work swerver the ability to have a lot of control over my phone. Not cool, since I don't use my phone exclusively for work. I'm hoping this little notification will go away and I will be able to start receiving my work emails again. So far, doing nothing has resulted in nothing happening.

Remove Ads

Ads