Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

contact names not showing in text messages

This is a discussion on contact names not showing in text messages within the Atrix 3 HD Support forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 3 HD Forum category; When I get a text message it just shows the number with a +1 added to it. The name doesn't show up. So I cleared ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry contact names not showing in text messages

When I get a text message it just shows the number with a +1 added to it. The name doesn't show up. So I cleared the partition cache. Didn't work.
    I did a hard reset. Didn't work. I added +1 to all my contacts didn't work.
    Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I don't sync my contacts with any accounts. I've talked to my carrier. They had no clue how to resolve it. I talked to Motorola. They couldn't help. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help resolve this issue? I have an Atrix HD and 4.1.1
    Help.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Do u have install fonts and language install it or configure apn with proper mmsc settings....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't understand that.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stonzee View Post
    When I get a text message it just shows the number with a +1 added to it. The name doesn't show up. So I cleared the partition cache. Didn't work.
    I did a hard reset. Didn't work. I added +1 to all my contacts didn't work.
    Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I don't sync my contacts with any accounts. I've talked to my carrier. They had no clue how to resolve it. I talked to Motorola. They couldn't help. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help resolve this issue? I have an Atrix HD and 4.1.1
    Help.
    The easiest way to fix this is by syncing your contacts with a Google account. You might go into your contacts and check the settings. Check contacts to display, and make sure that "all contacts" are selected. If that does not work, check import/export, and it should give you the ability to retrieve contacts from your sim card if you have them stored there.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't use Google. I don't have any contacts on Google. I hate gmail. Also I do not have my contacts stored on my sim card. In settings all contacts are selected and always have been.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stonzee View Post
    I don't use Google. I don't have any contacts on Google. I hate gmail. Also I do not have my contacts stored on my sim card. In settings all contacts are selected and always have been.
    I guess you could try renaming your contacts. Other then that I am not sure. I hope you are able to find a solution.

Remove Ads

Ads