Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

This is a discussion on [Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung within the Atrix News & Site News forums, part of the Motorola Atrix News & Site News category; Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device . Today, we have more rumors that shed more light ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times

[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device. Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Source: Android.net via SlashGear and BGR

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    thats what im talking about and " NEXUS PRIME" is sooooo much cooler than Nexus 4G im also happier with samsung than LG.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Samsung is way better than LG in my eyes as well.. Especially with the Super-amoled!

What are your guys' thoughts on Texas Instruments over Nvidia??
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    the more articles i have read it seems Samsung will be making the PRIME while other companies will make a version pf a NEXUS with 4.0 , Motorola making a version HTC , LG all making an IOS NEXUS and all carriers AT&T, Sprint and verizon will carrier most if not all

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I'm slightly confused.. Are you saying every company will make an iteration of the Nexus and every carrier will carry them?
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    I'm slightly confused.. Are you saying every company will make an iteration of the Nexus and every carrier will carry them?
    yes thats the way it seems right now these four main google hardware suppliers will all have a version of ICS 4.0 NEXUS on the carriers
    As of now we know Samsungs looks to be called the PRIME and knowing samsung they will have a version for all carriers. I will Bet Moto will have one for AT&T and Verizon , who knows about LG

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Wow.. That would be very interesting... Vanilla Android.. Just pick your hardware preference.. That would be so hard to choose!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    Wow.. That would be very interesting... Vanilla Android.. Just pick your hardware preference.. That would be so hard to choose!
    For me it would be MOTO/SAMSUNG in a tie for first place with HTC slightly behind and I probably wont consider the LG unless I have too

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    It'll be like Christmas - with Google playing the roll of Santa.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I'd have Moto/Samsung/ and HTC all lined up to be comparable. I'd have to say I'm not looking at LG any time soon for phones. I wonder if quad-core is what's going to be in all these bad boys. Or just dual-core. And what processors. I'm sure Moto will go with Nvidia, seems rumors think Samsung will take Texas Instruments and maybe HTC with Qualcomm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads