Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ATRIX 4G and Inspire 4G users given hope following complaints of capped data speeds

This is a discussion on ATRIX 4G and Inspire 4G users given hope following complaints of capped data speeds within the Atrix News & Site News forums, part of the Motorola Atrix News & Site News category; Some Motorola ATRIX 4G and HTC Inspire 4G owners on the AT&T network have been up in arms since purchasing their new 4G handsets. Despite ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times

ATRIX 4G and Inspire 4G users given hope following complaints of capped data speeds

Some Motorola ATRIX 4G and HTC Inspire 4G owners on the AT&T network have been up in arms since purchasing their new 4G handsets. Despite the presence of “4G” in each moniker, users are experiencing slower than expected upload speeds on the devices. Some users like Zack Nebbaki have been so upset by the slow upload speeds, they’ve gone as far as to create a petition to voice their discontent. While we wish we had something more concrete to report, we just received the following comment from an AT&T spokesperson that may help put some minds at ease: “We have a number of HSUPA devices today and we will have more HSUPA-enabled devices in the future — new devices and updates to existing models.” The statement does not specifically refer to the ATRIX or Inspire so nothing is confirmed, but the mention of “updates to existing models” should at least give users hope that their 4G phones might be updated in the future.

BGR

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I was actually going to run a post on this subject. I'd done some reading a while back (and I wish I had the thread as reference for links I posted) about how we are being throttled. I mean even the iPhone 4G which isn't HSPA+ (I believe) is getting better speeds than us. Now if we're the the most advanced phone on our network as far as network speeds are concerned, shouldn't it be showing in our speeds? Well it's not. And it's because they are throttling us. So... I'm all down to sign a petition and complain to AT&T until they do something.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I signed the petition. Let's hope they listen to us!
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    I signed it as well.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I feel skeptical about that..but they better do something before everyone's trial period is up or a lot of money would be lostl

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

signed petition

i have signed petition too and will call ATT presidents office as suggested.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I live in the bay area "CA" and have hspa+ where i live and work, and so far the speed is amazing!! I see about 3.3-5.0mbps down and about 1.3-2.1mbps

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx View Post
    I live in the bay area "CA" and have hspa+ where i live and work, and so far the speed is amazing!! I see about 3.3-5.0mbps down and about 1.3-2.1mbps

I think you'd be the only person owning an Atrix to be getting those kind of upload speeds.

PS. You should totally post pics of your WRX on the off topic forum "what car do you drive", I'd love to see it

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx View Post
    can you take a screen shot of this? are you sure you arent connected to wifi?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I would like to see that as well.. I'm confused as to how you are getting speeds no one else is capable of.. I mean there are at least a thousand people signing this petition alone that are having this issue.. Not to mention all the people that don't know what network speeds are or how to even check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads