Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

This is a discussion on Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2 within the Atrix News & Site News forums, part of the Motorola Atrix News & Site News category; I think I'm going to end up getting one (actually, two - one for me, one for the wife). At first, no LTE was bothering ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I think I'm going to end up getting one (actually, two - one for me, one for the wife). At first, no LTE was bothering me. But after checking into pre-paid T-mo plans, I think buying this phone unlocked and using a prepaid plan (over buying a subsidized phone from AT&T, which I have been doing for years) will save me enough money to make up for no LTE. I typically use my phone at home (where I do have AT&T LTE access, but I'm always on wifi anyway) or at work (where I only have access to 2g). So no lte is only a minor drawback for me.

At one time, I also insisted on a removable battery and a micro-sd slot. But I haven't even put my microsd card back into my atrix since I got it back from moto/repair four months ago and I never miss it. I guess I just don't use as much storage as a lot of people.

And every phone I have owned with a removable battery has felt flimsy (due to plastic battery covers), so I'm actually happy to go to a solidly built phone with no removable battery. Before the nexus 4 was announced, I was already strongly considering the one x.

As far as the positives - love the screen, love the processor/ram, love the wireless charging. love that it's a nexus and will get timely updates, love the way it looks. I have never been an lg fan, but it looks like they really upped their game here. Can't wait until I have some extra cash.
    hooligan, Condor97 and UltraDroid like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acb View Post
    Can't wait until I have some extra cash.
    Agreed :P

I'm kind of broke right now, but I think I'm going to dip into my savings and make this an early X-mas present to myself. I'm kind of over my Atrix ... I feel I would be satisfied with a Nexus for several years.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    T-mobile does offer unlimited 4G data now. So as long as you had their service it would be a good buy. However, the lack of LTE kills me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times

Re: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by WuchuHurD View Post
    How does one live with just the factory 8/16gb of storage? Lol that's not nearly enough for me

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    More than enough for me, which is why I'm getting a Nexus 4 by the end of the year.

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk.
    hooligan likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Re: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    Agreed :P

I'm kind of broke right now, but I think I'm going to dip into my savings and make this an early X-mas present to myself. I'm kind of over my Atrix ... I feel I would be satisfied with a Nexus for several years.
    Same here. I'm hoping for a nexus 10 for Xmas and an SIII upgrade for my phone.

UltraDroid and Condor97 like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmech View Post
    Same here. I'm hoping for a nexus 10 for Xmas and an SIII upgrade for my phone.

Thats kind of along the lines of what I was thinking.

P.S. If I were to get a Nexus, first thing I would do would be to get these softkeys....
    [SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/JB] - xda-developers
    hooligan and Dorian like this.

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    ^Those softkeys are boss.
    Condor97 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads