Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

This is a discussion on Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2 within the Atrix News & Site News forums, part of the Motorola Atrix News & Site News category; It looks like Google couldn't wait to share their excitement despite hurricane Sandy ruining their press event. They went ahead and launched their new Nexus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times

Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

It looks like Google couldn't wait to share their excitement despite hurricane Sandy ruining their press event. They went ahead and launched their new Nexus lineup on their Google Blog. Here's the summary, which confirms nearly every rumor we heard previously:
    • First, they are launching a 32GB Nexus 7 tablet after-all. It will be at the $249.99 price point, replacing the 16GB model at that price point. The 16GB model moves downward, replacing the 8GB model at the $199.99 price point.
    • Second, Google is indeed launching their newest version of Android Jelly Bean, version 4.2.
    • Third, Google is launching the new Nexus 4 smartphone, manufactured by LG with this new OS.
    • Fourth, Google is launching the new Nexus 10 Android Tablet.

Here are the details below on the pricing structure. You will notice that some of these prices are extremely competitive, especially the new Nexus 10 tablet.
    • Nexus 4: 8GB for $299; 16GB for $349; available unlocked and without a contract on 11/13 on the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. The 16GB version will also be available through T-Mobile for $199, with a 2-year contract (check here for more details).
    • Nexus 7: 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $249; available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, and also through our retail partners Gamestop, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples and Walmart.
    • Nexus 7 with 32GB and mobile data: $299 and unlocked, on sale 11/13 in the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada.
    • Nexus 10: 16GB for $399; 32GB for $499; available on 11/13 in the Google Play Store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan.
    The rumored specs on the Nexus 4 pretty much turned out to be dead-on, and as you can see above, it comes in two varieties, 8GB and 16GB. Of course we already know the specs of the 32GB Nexus 7. Coming up in a bit we will have a separate story with full specs of the new Nexus 10 "iPad killer."

Finally, Android 4.2 will have a host of new intriguing features, including improved photo sharing, gesture typing and more. You can check out the full array of new features here: Android - What's New

Source: GoogleBlog
    Condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Re: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/2...ot-have-4g-lte

No LTE on the nexus 4. Next phone will definitely be SIII or Note II. Sorry. Not gonna pay $500 for a new phone without LTE.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    MJPollard likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

Re: Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2

No LTE. No MicroSD slot. Presumably no removable battery. Definitely made the right decision to go with the SGS3.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    nalomo and Leanthony like this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I'm probably going to get it. I can manage without LTE (been doing fine without it anyhow) and 16gb is reasonable enough for me (don't use many games or carry uncompressed files). $350 is an absolute steal off-contract. I'll save my ATT upgrades for something in the future. Now I can finally leave ATT if I so choose.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

I do applaud Google for not bending to the carriers will though. It's a shame.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

I could see getting one as a secondary phone if I didn't already have the Atrix for that. Since I do, I can't justify spending another $350 on top of the $150 I've already shelled out for the SGS3. I do agree that it would make a damn fine phone for people who don't need or want a removable battery or MicroSD slot, though!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Well even if you bought the nexus it would still cost less than one SIII off contract and you would have two awesome phones

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yeah, I understand others not wanting the Nex4 if they already have an SGSIII (or some equivalent or on CDMA). However, I think it's a pretty solid upgrade if I'm still on my AT&T Atrix

I have a microSD card, but going through my storage ... I hardly use over 8 gb between the internal and external storage. Use my iPod classic for most music, oh well.
    Last edited by hooligan; 10-30-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

I think the nexus 4 will be my next phone when it comes out. No expandable memory is a little obnoxious but a lot of what is taking up my memory is music and backups of ROMs but I can use my atrix for music. Lte would be cool if I had it my town but seeing as I don't, no major loss there. Also as cheap as it is I'll probably even buy it off contract and save my upgrade for later.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

How does one live with just the factory 8/16gb of storage? Lol that's not nearly enough for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads