Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Safe to buy on Kijiji/Craigslist?

This is a discussion on Safe to buy on Kijiji/Craigslist? within the Bell (Canada) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; OK so I'm wanting to purchase the Atrix but have approx 500$ stashed aside for it. Retail will cost $600 + tax so obviously I'm ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Safe to buy on Kijiji/Craigslist?

OK so I'm wanting to purchase the Atrix but have approx 500$ stashed aside for it. Retail will cost $600 + tax so obviously I'm looking into seeing what I can get from a trusted private seller on Kijiji or CL. Has anyone purchased from people off those sites? What are the risks? I mean, is there such a thing as an Atrix clone (where Im thinking Im buying an Atrix but its a knockoff)? Its pretty tempting to see ads from people who sell the Atrix for $500-$550 brand new unlocked....I'd probably require an original receipt..but still I dont know how someone can sell a phone for less than in the store..

Enlighten me please dear Atrix forum users!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I've bought quite a bit of things from craigslist, as well as sold items. You just have to be cautious and make sure the person is legit. I do not believe there are any clones out there though. There are a few reasons some one could sell it for less. They have a hook up? They bought it for contract price and decided to just sell it and keep old phone or buy different phone. They won it. It's stolen. I mean, there are so many different reasons. I would look for an original packaging, with all accessories, and have the option to watch it boot up and actually function. If you're dropping 500 dollars, I'm sure some one will be okay with you protecting your investment by testing it first.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Everything that he said, plus...

..there was another thread discussing the same thing recently; see below for the link.

Buying a no contract Atrix on Craigslist

Good luck!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Oops! I thought there was a similar thread, but I was just being lazy and answered. I know I know. Bad mod.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Would there be a BELL logo anywhere on the phone?

I took a peak at a related thread to check for authenticity...mentioned a few logos appearing on the phone, including ATT. I was wondering if Im buying this locally (Toronto), do all the Atrixes released in Canada have a Bell logo on them somewhere?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I would just make sure you bought a phone that matched your carrier, if they say it's unlocked, try it out first. Either way, put your sim card in and make sure you can make a call.
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnowornever View Post
    I would just make sure you bought a phone that matched your carrier, if they say it's unlocked, try it out first. Either way, put your sim card in and make sure you can make a call.
    OK, so bring my Fido sim card..if I can make a call, and then when I get home, tweak all the APN stuff to get the 3G going?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I dont know how canadian carriers work, but if your fido card can make an outgoing call on a bell phone then I guess it's ok. I know here ATT customers can't get the 4G service on TMO (or is it the other way around?) but they can still make calls and texts and get the slower data speeds.
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    The Bell version doesn't appear to have a carrier logo on the back. You can see this review video below for a full look at a Bell phone: (kinda quirky review video, but it works)

YouTube - Bell Motorola Atrix Bundle Hands-On

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought a bell atrix, it looks stock from the outside.. the ROM however has bell specific apps that would always be there.

Remove Ads

Ads