Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Refusal to sell outright - But I still got it! Heres how

This is a discussion on Refusal to sell outright - But I still got it! Heres how within the Bell (Canada) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Yesterday, after work I went to Bell to pick up the Atrix. But since nothing is ever as easy as I hope and M. Night ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Refusal to sell outright - But I still got it! Heres how

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Talking Refusal to sell outright - But I still got it! Heres how

Yesterday, after work I went to Bell to pick up the Atrix. But since nothing is ever as easy as I hope and M. Night Shyamalan directs my life, I ended up spending almost 2 hours there. Now, if you'll join me on this epic adventure of love, loss, surprise and success.

When I first went into the store the rep was far from optimistic. Although I was told not only by a Bell rep on the phone, but also another in the store last week that I'd have no issue buying it, he showed me a piece of paper from Bell stating that the Atrix could not be sold without a new 3 year contract. What they don't say is that you can also get month to month, $35 activation, $50 for the first month and I believe he said an additional $50 for the second month.

So that option was 599 + $135. Not acceptable.

So I pushed onward and upward. I want to keep in mind that I was very, very polite and patient. I'm trying to do something that they've been told they are not allowed to do. If you don't have the necessary time, come back another time.

So I asked the gentleman to call customer service for me, because I spoke with them last week and they told me there should be no problem. After some info and a few holds, the lady came back saying there was no issue, and that they should be able to sell it, but the rep needed to call the Help Desk. So we did that, and after some more info and a few holds they basically pointed to the internal memo and said, "Nope, you can't do it".

The Rep was finished his shift by this point, so I asked him if he would be so kind as to connect me back with Customer Service.

He did. I was through. Gave some more info, got put on hold. The lady came back and said "We can't let you buy it outright, but we can give you an early upgrade at a cost".

Fine, perfect, I dont mind. How much?

"$180, and then the phone will be $169"

Wait.. hold on.. the f? You refuse to let me pay $599, but I can pay $349? Well, I'm not going to complain.

The second rep was rather impressed. He said to me something like "We didn't think you would get it, but your hard work paid off"

So needless to say, I hardware upgraded. But the icing on the cake is I went in expecting to pay 599, well what am I going to do with the money I saved?

LAPDOCK! woooo!

You can get this deal too. You have to be willing (more willing than the reps) to call several people, be put on hold and spend some serious time in the store. The rep told me they have had a pilot program on for the past three months for early hardware upgrades. I think it's about 20 a month for your remaining months. Remember, always be polite. They're only human and they dont want to lose their job so that you can have an Atrix, but Customer Service definitely wants to keep you happy.

Thanks for reading Good luck!
    Last edited by StefanYFC; 03-18-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    idrumgood and G-Man like this.
    1. Motorola Milestone
    2. Motorola Atrix, rooted and cold
    3. Motorola Xoom Wifi (pre-ordered, ships April 6th!!)

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Congrats! You got a great deal for not yet being eligible! Hope you enjoy it!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Yay!

Congrats on the new obsession!
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got mine by going to best buy mobile on sunday. No issues. The actual best buy store wouldn't allow it though. It could be that mobile didn't get the memo not to. Worked out for me though!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by y2whisper View Post
    I got mine by going to best buy mobile on sunday. No issues. The actual best buy store wouldn't allow it though. It could be that mobile didn't get the memo not to. Worked out for me though!
    Congrats! Welcome to the forums!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by y2whisper View Post
    Some people just dont give a ****. It really depends on the employee. But congrats! and Welcome welcome welcome!
    1. Motorola Milestone

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    I also got mine without being eligible, pre-order no less I went through alot of the same thing just to get the pre-order. The only condition (which i still dont quite understand) was that I bought the otterbox defender case, that day, in the store, for $50+tax.....

Using the same tactics used to get my Atrix was what also got me back my unlimited data plan

If you are patient and willing to invest your time (lots n lots of it) you can do it too, just dont take no for an answer and be polite and respectful!

Congrats on getting your Atrix StefanYFC!!!

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I also got mine without being eligible, pre-order no less I went through alot of the same thing just to get the pre-order. The only condition (which i still dont quite understand) was that I bought the otterbox defender case, that day, in the store, for $50+tax.....

Using the same tactics used to get my Atrix was what also got me back my unlimited data plan

If you are patient and willing to invest your time (lots n lots of it) you can do it too, just dont take no for an answer and be polite and respectful!

Congrats on getting your Atrix StefanYFC!!!
    I'm pretty sure requiring you to buy an accessory with the unit is illegal in Canada. It goes against some fair purchasing law.. I'm not sure what it is.

When I worked at The Source by Circuit City and the Wii had just come out we required people to buy a certain amount (about $150) of accessories in order to be eligible to buy the Wii. Until someone threatened to sue us, and sent us a letter that they were suing us... we refunded her money and stopped the requirement.
    1. Motorola Milestone

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanYFC View Post
    I'm pretty sure requiring you to buy an accessory with the unit is illegal in Canada. It goes against some fair purchasing law.. I'm not sure what it is.

When I worked at The Source by Circuit City and the Wii had just come out we required people to buy a certain amount (about $150) of accessories in order to be eligible to buy the Wii. Until someone threatened to sue us, and sent us a letter that they were suing us... we refunded her money and stopped the requirement.
    You are right, however i planned on buying the Defender Case anyway, so it just a matter of agreeing to buy it right then and get the pre-order that i was technically not eligible for, or wait till it came out and spend $200 more to buy off contract and still buy the Defender Case.... I had no heartburn over it

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    lol fair enough.
    1. Motorola Milestone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads