Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

voicemail and sms alerts

This is a discussion on voicemail and sms alerts within the Motorola Atrix 2 forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; Hi all, i need some advice. As you probably know the arix does not offer a repeating alert tone for voicemails or waiting text msgs. ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

voicemail and sms alerts

Hi all, i need some advice. As you probably know the arix does not offer a repeating alert tone for voicemails or waiting text msgs. I used missed call deluxe for a while on atrix 4g and then it stopped working. I upgraded to atrix2 and started using it again for a while and then it stopped. I used missed message alerts for while and then it stopped working. I have tried phone alerts and it never started working. I use my phone for a business phone and do not always look at the screen to see if i have a waiting voicemail or text msg. I need an audible alert. Any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: voicemail and sms alerts

Look for LightFlow on Google Play. It gives you repeating audio, vibration and color LED support for the built-in apps and most 3rd party ones. You turn off all but the notification icon in the app and LF takes over. Each app has it's own custom setup including whether to honor "quite time" if you set a time period to be silent. Highly recommended.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

liteflow does not work

Quote Originally Posted by JudH View Post
    Look for LightFlow on Google Play. It gives you repeating audio, vibration and color LED support for the built-in apps and most 3rd party ones. You turn off all but the notification icon in the app and LF takes over. Each app has it's own custom setup including whether to honor "quite time" if you set a time period to be silent. Highly recommended.
    Hi Jud, I appreciate your response. Unfortunately liteflow does not work. The atrix does not have a repeating aubdible alarm for voicemail therefore liteflow can not take over and supply alarms. I tried it as i have tried almost all others. Some of the ones available on droid market work for a while and then stop. uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix them. My problem is i get up from my desk and leave the phone laying there accidently to go to another part of the building. When i come back to my desk i rarely think of looking at my phone to make sure i dont have a voicemail or txt msg waiting. I need the audible alerts to let me know. It seems such a basic function to provide this as part of the phone software and yet the atrix nor the atrix2 have this feature.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: voicemail and sms alerts

LF doesn't need/want a repeating audible alarm from the app itself just a notification icon in the notification area. It intercepts that and takes over all the alerts for that app both the first alert and the repeating ones. I know it works on the Atrix2 for the default email, Gmail and sms apps--I used them for months before switching to K9 and GoSMS. I use a 3rd party visual VM so I couldn't swear to the regular VM but LF has a predefined setting for it so it should work. It's very popular--maybe give it another try?
    Last edited by JudH; 01-18-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JudH View Post
    LF doesn't need/want a repeating audible alarm from the app itself just a notification icon in the notification area. It intercepts that and takes over all the alerts for that app both the first alert and the repeating ones. I know it works on the Atrix2 for the default email, Gmail and sms apps--I used them for months before switching to K9 and GoSMS. I use a 3rd party visual VM so I couldn't swear to the regular VM but LF has a predefined setting for it so it should work. It's very popular--maybe give it another try?
    Hi Jud, ok after digging deeper i find that liteflow lite which is the one i tried does not have voicemail alert option. the paid version list voicemail alerts as an option. i assume you used the paid version in order to have v/m alerts. i will give it another try.

again i appreciate your help

Remove Ads

Ads