Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow storm stopped me from taking my atrix in for an A2 today!

This is a discussion on Snow storm stopped me from taking my atrix in for an A2 today! within the Motorola Atrix 2 forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; I went down to trade in my ATRIX for the A2, but the storm closed all of the AT&T stores in my area of western ...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Snow storm stopped me from taking my atrix in for an A2 today!

I went down to trade in my ATRIX for the A2, but the storm closed all of the AT&T stores in my area of western mass. AT&T overcharged me and I wasn't able to get it resolved over the phone after multiple calls and dropped transfers from one department to another. I am on day 26 out of 30 so hopefully an AT&T store will be open tomorrow. The snow storm hit my area hard. I really love my ATRIX so I am hoping the A2 will be worth it. Plus, not being charged double what I was supposed to be charged and paying the same price for the new phone will be a plus.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dedzerg View Post
    I went down to trade in my ATRIX for the A2, but the storm closed all of the AT&T stores in my area of western mass. AT&T overcharged me and I wasn't able to get it resolved over the phone after multiple calls and dropped transfers from one department to another. I am on day 26 out of 30 so hopefully an AT&T store will be open tomorrow. The snow storm hit my area hard. I really love my ATRIX so I am hoping the A2 will be worth it. Plus, not being charged double what I was supposed to be charged and paying the same price for the new phone will be a plus.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I think you will....I just got my son the Atrix 4g last night and in comparison to my A2 I much prefer mine. Larger, more vivid screen, feels a little more smooth, better looks, more durable a la Gorilla glass, better camera, better cpu.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 916A2 View Post
    I think you will....I just got my son the Atrix 4g last night and in comparison to my A2 I much prefer mine. Larger, more vivid screen, feels a little more smooth, better looks, more durable a la Gorilla glass, better camera, better cpu.
    Actually.... I don't think the A2 has Gorilla Glass. If you apply slightly more than average pressure on the center of the screen you will see the screen freak out and the colors around where you touch go darkish and wavey. Try to do that on the Atrix 4G, and then the iPhone, and then a BlackBerry (they don't even have Gorilla Glass!) and you will see a big difference - the A2 seems to cave in a bit. I would say that for me (I'm psycho about anything slightly wrong with a thing a use frequently like my PC and A2) the screen is the most nerve-wracking part. But actually, it seems like to me this feature would make the screen flex in certain cases when Gorilla Glass would crack. It doesn't seem to be as scratch resistant as Gorilla Glass though (but I would use a screen protector regardless).

I hope I haven't just deterred a potential A2 user. It's great and even though I don't like the thing about the screen, it's just something I have to get used to (in fact it almost seems good- it stops users from applying to much pressure on the screen and making it more likely to crack later). Best of luck to you in getting an A2! I hope you enjoy the upgrade as much as I have!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
    Actually.... I don't think the A2 has Gorilla Glass. If you apply slightly more than average pressure on the center of the screen you will see the screen freak out and the colors around where you touch go darkish and wavey. Try to do that on the Atrix 4G, and then the iPhone, and then a BlackBerry (they don't even have Gorilla Glass!) and you will see a big difference - the A2 seems to cave in a bit. I would say that for me (I'm psycho about anything slightly wrong with a thing a use frequently like my PC and A2) the screen is the most nerve-wracking part. But actually, it seems like to me this feature would make the screen flex in certain cases when Gorilla Glass would crack. It doesn't seem to be as scratch resistant as Gorilla Glass though (but I would use a screen protector regardless).

I hope I haven't just deterred a potential A2 user. It's great and even though I don't like the thing about the screen, it's just something I have to get used to (in fact it almost seems good- it stops users from applying to much pressure on the screen and making it more likely to crack later). Best of luck to you in getting an A2! I hope you enjoy the upgrade as much as I have!
    It does have Gorilla Glass Motorola ATRIX 2 - Dual Core 4G Android Smartphone - Powerful Mobile Phone with Speed - SPECS - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA Scoll to the feature that says "physical" and you'll see it listed. I don't know what you think Gorilla glass is but I've seen some crazy videos online that show how resistant to cracking GG is. Actually, the Atrix 4g has GG as well. As for the screen doing what you said it does when you press on it hard in the center, that's not something I'd ever do under any circumstances so for me that's a non-issue. I've had my A2 for a week now and am loving it.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I got the ATRIX 2 today. I took back my ATRIX and entertainment/ multimedia dock and walked out with the phone for 49.99. My first impression is that the keyboard is easier for me to use and the menus and phone is more responsive. The bigger screen appears to be a bit clearer. I like it so far and can't wait to explore what it can do.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Good stuff, congrats!

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Yeah, more and more A2 owners. I love it! On another note, I heard a Dev over on XDA is trying to get ahold of an A2 and is looking forward to the challenge of rooting and modding the A2!!! If that's not good news I don't know what is. And that's not a rumor or some "I heard it through the Grapevine" stuff, I said as much in a thread I posted in so it's right from the horses mouth!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    A guy at the counter next to me picked up an A2 also. He seemed to be pretty happy about the purchase. I do miss the fingerprint scanner unlock, but I think I can handle that.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dedzerg View Post
    A guy at the counter next to me picked up an A2 also. He seemed to be pretty happy about the purchase. I do miss the fingerprint scanner unlock, but I think I can handle that.

Nice! We just gained root tonight too. Like Ice Cube once said "Today was a good day"

Member #
    Twitter
    red_foxx15
    Liked
    13 times
    I've thought about taking my ATRIX back for the 2 but without the fingerprint scanner I can't bring myself to do it. It makes it so quick and easy to unlock my phone. I know on my next upgrade im going to miss it terribly. Sad to let 1 hardware feature hold me back but the differences between the two just dont seem that big a deal to me

Sent from my ATRIX

Remove Ads

Ads