Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Low Resolution images

This is a discussion on Low Resolution images within the Motorola Atrix 2 forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; I've been wondering why the Atrix 2 has such low resolution images display on the contacts info when making a call. Example: I recently took ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Low Resolution images

I've been wondering why the Atrix 2 has such low resolution images display on the contacts info when making a call. Example: I recently took a picture of my wife, settings at 8MP, and added that picture to her contact info. When I call her, her picture shows up on the display but it's real blurry sort of like if it's a low resolution image. Anybody else have this issue? Any ideas on correcting the image? I've also seen this on Album art using Motorolas Music App.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davillan View Post
    I've been wondering why the Atrix 2 has such low resolution images display on the contacts info when making a call. Example: I recently took a picture of my wife, settings at 8MP, and added that picture to her contact info. When I call her, her picture shows up on the display but it's real blurry sort of like if it's a low resolution image. Anybody else have this issue? Any ideas on correcting the image? I've also seen this on Album art using Motorolas Music App.
    This is because Motorola decided to make the images low-resolution so that they load a couple milliseconds faster. There isn't anything you can do if you're unrooted...

however if you're rooted I think that there's a build.prop tweak to make the images high-res. I don't know the exact tweak, I suggest that you ask about it on XDA. I'll play around with it later, too.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
    This is because Motorola decided to make the images low-resolution so that they load a couple milliseconds faster. There isn't anything you can do if you're unrooted...

however if you're rooted I think that there's a build.prop tweak to make the images high-res. I don't know the exact tweak, I suggest that you ask about it on XDA. I'll play around with it later, too.
    Thanks for your reply on this matter. Coming from an iPhone I grew accustomed to seeing high resolution images of my callers and album art as well. I'll take a look over on the xda website in hopes that I find that tweak that you mentioned. Keep me posted on your findings.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davillan View Post
    Thanks for your reply on this matter. Coming from an iPhone I grew accustomed to seeing high resolution images of my callers and album art as well. I'll take a look over on the xda website in hopes that I find that tweak that you mentioned. Keep me posted on your findings.
    I tried a couple build.prop tweaks but none of them worked. Sorry.

EDIT- it appears that it isn't Motorola's fault... it's Google's fault. If you sync your contacts with Google, their pictures will be resized to 96x96 resolution. The only way out of low-res images is to use a different sync service
    Last edited by cogeary; 02-06-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
    I tried a couple build.prop tweaks but none of them worked. Sorry.

EDIT- it appears that it isn't Motorola's fault... it's Google's fault. If you sync your contacts with Google, their pictures will be resized to 96x96 resolution. The only way out of low-res images is to use a different sync service
    That sucks...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ISS2 View Post
    That sucks...
    Sure does. I tried syncing through my computer "iMac" using motocast and every time I had the contacts switch to ON the program would hang and never sync the contacts. I changed a few images from my address book contacts on my computer and I wanted to sync my phone to it with hopes that the contact picture would show up in full resolution. Anybody else having this problem?

Remove Ads

Ads