Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default music player?

This is a discussion on Default music player? within the Motorola Atrix 2 forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; Hi- I have a few players on my Atrix 2 (DoubleTwist, PowerAMP, streaming apps, stock player), as each offers something the others don't. When I ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Default music player?

Hi-
    I have a few players on my Atrix 2 (DoubleTwist, PowerAMP, streaming apps, stock player), as each offers something the others don't. When I connect my phone to my car stereo head unit via bluetooth, DoubleTwist begins playing immediately. Is there any way I can change this behaviour? I'd prefer it be PowerAMP, as it's interface is easier to navigate and it offers EQ control. I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who stream music in your car (or house, for that matter) via BT, and how you've gotten it to work as you would like. I have yet been unable to find any settings that allow a preference. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Scrondar; 03-15-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Did you checked the settings on Double Twist? Or perhaps the settings on the dock interface.

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been through the settings everywhere-apps, phone, you name it. Nowhere can I find a setting for a default player. One post on another forum suggested using the file manager (My Files?) to select a music file and then choose the default app for it; no can do. Probably the thing to do is uninstall DoubleTwist and see what happens. That might at least give me a clue. Should I actually learn anything, I'll post back here.

As it turns out, no app has been yet set on my phone as the default, or so it seems. When I browse to my Music folder to open an MP3 file, I am prompted to complete the action using several apps, but (of course) the one I want is not listed (PowerAMP). Sigh....

Android strikes again. I hate to say it, but I suspect this is one of the reasons people buy iPhones. At least in their walled garden, better control over such things is possible. Anyhoo, I'll keep at it.
    Last edited by Scrondar; 03-15-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I think on settings/applications/ you have to uncheck restore app data from apps if I'm not mistaken. You can also go to settings applications/manage applications/ double twist and delete the data from it and see if that works.

-end of line-
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    I think on settings/applications/ you have to uncheck restore app data from apps if I'm not mistaken. You can also go to settings applications/manage applications/ double twist and delete the data from it and see if that works.

-end of line-
    Tried the last suggestion, but am not near my car, so I'll report back later. If it still comes up on BT connect, I'll uninstall DT and see what does come up. Fun....

Remove Ads

Ads