Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Major Issues

This is a discussion on Major Issues within the Motorola Atrix 2 forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; I have an Atrix 2 on At&t with Androidgingerbread os and I am on my second Atrix 2. The Atrix 1 I loved and had ...

Thread: Major Issues

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Major Issues

I have an Atrix 2 on At&t with Androidgingerbread os and I am on my second Atrix 2. The Atrix 1 I loved and had NO issues with but this one has given me nothing but problems. Both of them I have had do the same things

1. While charging and attempting to Text, Facebook messenger, IM or anything that involves using the keyboard random keys get pressed (ex. I press "e" and the return button activates or backspace and "q" fills the box up)
    2.When charging It is virtually impossible to unlock my phone it does not recognize the pattern swipe.
    3.When I try to take pictures It will not save them or allow me to send them. (this iswhether or not it is charging)
    4. It randomly deletes the music and pictures that I have been able to capture.
    5. At random it says no sim card present.

As I said this is the 2nd one I have had I am getting frustrated at this point and I have know idea what else to do I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips online help please
    Last edited by usherwc; 05-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Hi usherwc, and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear you're having problems with your A2

1) Hm, never heard of this before. There's two things you might want to try doing: a) Make sure that your touches are being correctly detected. With an app like TouchTest, make sure that nothing crazy happens when you draw lines and tap your fingers around the keyboard area. b) Try a different keyboard. There are a lot of keyboard apps out there. I've never tried it, but many people say that SwiftKey X is the best one around (it's a one month free trial).
    2) This might be more reason to believe that something is wrong with your digitizer, which is what detects the your touches on the screen. Again, try using TouchTest and see what happens.
    3, 4) This sounds like a problem with your SD card. Try reformatting it by going to Settings -> Storage -> Unmount SD card -> Format SD card. (note that this will delete all files on your sd card, like pictures/videos/etc)
    5) Do you still get functional service? I.e can you place calls, text, browse the internet, etc? Make sure that the SIM card is seated correctly in your phone. Power down your A2, pull off the battery cover, then pull off the battery. You should see the SIM card. Take it out and make sure that it isn't warped or anything (extreme weather can warp it) and then place it back in, making sure it's seated correctly. Reinsert your battery, reboot, and see if it stops saying that.

If none of this works, then you can try wiping data (factory reset) or flashing the fxz (I can help you with that). If it still doesn't work then you might just have a defective phone; it should be covered under warranty.

Hope this helps!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately I have tried all of the above. Even the sd card format... which deleted the pics of me and my gf who passed away ... This is the 2nd A2 I have had with the same issues. Even when it says no sim card I am still able to talk text and browse the web. I have tried different keyboards as well. I just can't believe I have had 2 defective phones in 3 months ( less than actually). But if the device isn't plugged in I have no issues whatsoever. I am contemplating jumping to Verizon and either the Bionic or the Droid 4

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Those are CDMA devices.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usherwc View Post
    Unfortunately I have tried all of the above. Even the sd card format... which deleted the pics of me and my gf who passed away ... This is the 2nd A2 I have had with the same issues. Even when it says no sim card I am still able to talk text and browse the web. I have tried different keyboards as well. I just can't believe I have had 2 defective phones in 3 months ( less than actually). But if the device isn't plugged in I have no issues whatsoever. I am contemplating jumping to Verizon and either the Bionic or the Droid 4
    Sorry to hear that . Did you try using TouchTest to see if something is wrong with your digitizer? Although it's really weird that that only happens when you're plugged in. And same thing with the sd card and sim card issues too? Only when plugged in?

Again, it's sounding like you just have a defective device. If you're still within warranty then AT&T/Motorola should exchange it for another A2 (if you do this, make sure to get a different SIM card as that might be part of your problems).

Finally, as a last resort you can try flashing the fxz. This returns all your system files back to stock Android 2.3.5 and deletes all user data. Do note that this technically voids the warranty - if Motorola/AT&T discovers that you've done this then it's their decision whether or not to honor the warranty.

Again, sorry you're having such strange problems. Let's hope the fxz solves them or you get a warranty exchange. Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried it all. The touch test worked fine... until I plugged it in to charge then it started getting all crazy again. I am seriously ready to go back to my A1

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    My A1's touch went crazy once when I plugged it into a philips charger. Are you using the moto charger or aftermarket?

Tapped from CM7.2 @ 1.3Ghz.

Remove Ads

Ads