Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ATT newest software release for A2

This is a discussion on ATT newest software release for A2 within the Motorola Atrix 2 forums, part of the Motorola Atrix 2 Forum category; Hello I am a new ATrix 2 owner and for the past several weeks I have been getting sporadic data on my phone and sometimes ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cogeary

Thread: ATT newest software release for A2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ATT newest software release for A2

Hello I am a new ATrix 2 owner and for the past several weeks I have been getting sporadic data on my phone and sometimes no phone service at all. I am using H2O Wireless for my carrier. Other people have been reporting the same issues that I have my question is should I download the newest update from ATT for my A2 will this address my issues that I am currently having ?? The version that is showing on my phone to update is (Version.55.13.25 this just showed up yesterday on my A2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    55.13.25 is a significant update so I highly recommend you install it. However, I'm not sure if it will fix your data issues - it's definitely worth a try though because it does update the baseband (radio software).

But be careful. Have you deleted any of the "bloat" apps that came with your A2 (Yellow Pages, AT&T ..., etc)? This update assumes that you have not uninstalled those apps, even though they are uninstallable. If you have uninstalled those apps the update will most likely fail. If your update fails then try this method.
    dantastics likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes I have deleted bloat apps however I downloaded the update this morning and everything went thru fine I`m now at android 2.3.6

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbal4 View Post
    yes I have deleted bloat apps however I downloaded the update this morning and everything went thru fine I`m now at android 2.3.6
    Good to hear! Did it fix your service issues?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    no my service I think has gotten worse today I had no phone service for the entire day then finally after I got home it starts to work again. I called H2O Wireless for them to reset my sim card and still did not fix the issue. I have been told that ATT mvno`s ( red pocket , H2O Wireless Straight talk etc ) have been having data issues for the past few weeks. For some reason my phone has been stuck in AIRPLANE mode all freaking day no explaination for this issue

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: ATT newest software release for A2

Quote Originally Posted by gbal4 View Post
    Hello I am a new ATrix 2 owner and for the past several weeks I have been getting sporadic data on my phone and sometimes no phone service at all. I am using H2O Wireless for my carrier. Other people have been reporting the same issues that I have my question is should I download the newest update from ATT for my A2 will this address my issues that I am currently having ?? The version that is showing on my phone to update is (Version.55.13.25 this just showed up yesterday on my A2
    Not sure...but we have had several issues in our area. Data and voice. Part of was some code error on AT&T. The other was related to new towers going on line in our area..switching to 3g vice edge network...

Sent from my MB860

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    here is a link with people complaining about ATT data issues it is effecting ALL there MVNO`S ( RP H2O ST ) any mvno any mvno that uses the ATT towers are having issues. My phone sometimes does not work at all for several hours I can toggle back and forth from airplane mode and this does not fix it. Seriously thinking about selling my atrix 2 and using the T-Mobile network maybe try out the HTC Amaze.
    Straight Talk AT&T Data Issues Since August 13th

Remove Ads

Ads