Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Questions about multimedia dock/entertainment center kit

This is a discussion on Questions about multimedia dock/entertainment center kit within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I'm pondering buying some accessories, but had a bunch a questions. I found some answers in these forums, but still have a few unanswered. So, ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Questions about multimedia dock/entertainment center kit

I'm pondering buying some accessories, but had a bunch a questions. I found some answers in these forums, but still have a few unanswered. So, if you can answer any of these, I'd appreciate it. I bet I'll come up with more too...

Is the remote bluetooth?

Do the keyboard, mouse, and remote work with your computer?

Any problems pairing other non-Motorola keyboards or mice to the Atrix?

How is the battery life on the keyboard & mouse? How are they recharged? Can they be plugged in and used over USB when the batteries die?

I read that the dock supports external USB storage. Where does that show up in the phone? Does it just scan for media and show up in the gallery/media/music player? Or is it mounted like the SD card so you could move files to/from it?

I read some post where someone was trying to play video on Hulu and that, while it worked, the video was choppy (also on YouTube). Anyone tried since the flash update? Any improvement?

Can you switch between webtop mode and entertainment mode easily? Do you need to re-dock the phone to switch or what? If in webtop mode when starting to play a video, does it go full screen? Or just fill the PiP phone screen window?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by montgoss View Post
    I'm pondering buying some accessories, but had a bunch a questions. I found some answers in these forums, but still have a few unanswered. So, if you can answer any of these, I'd appreciate it. I bet I'll come up with more too...

Is the remote bluetooth?
    No, the remote is IR. But it works pretty well for me from across the room.

Do the keyboard, mouse, and remote work with your computer?
    The keyboard and mouse will work with a PC if it has bluetooth.

Any problems pairing other non-Motorola keyboards or mice to the Atrix?
    I paired my Logitech mini dinovo keyboard-mouse combo with my Atrix

Can you switch between webtop mode and entertainment mode easily? Do you need to re-dock the phone to switch or what? If in webtop mode when starting to play a video, does it go full screen? Or just fill the PiP phone screen window?
    You can switch easily between webtop and Entertainment mode without undocking. You can play a video full screen if you select that mode.
    Pick it up. It is a great device.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can answer some of my own questions after installing the hacked version of webtop (that supports the mode without needing a dock).

I read some post where someone was trying to play video on Hulu and that, while it worked, the video was choppy (also on YouTube). Anyone tried since the flash update? Any improvement?
    I'm not sure if it's an improvement or different standards. But Hulu playback is ok for most shows. It's not amazing. It depends on the show (speed of action), but it definitely seems to drop frames sometimes. And both 480p and 360p seemed to do it. YouTube looked pretty smooth though.

If in webtop mode when starting to play a video, does it go full screen? Or just fill the PiP phone screen window?
    You can click the maximize button and make it mostly full screen. It does leave a few buttons along the bottom and top (and doesn't autohide the mouse cursor), but it's not too bad.

Remove Ads

Ads