Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Atrix (Quick review)

This is a discussion on Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Atrix (Quick review) within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Amazon.com: Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black)[Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories As some of you know I'm in the ...

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Atrix (Quick review)

Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset
    Amazon.com: Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black)[Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

As some of you know I'm in the USMC stationed overseas, so I ordered these things a week or so ago with hopes that I could use them w/ the Atrix while running. (I can't stand having a chord while running).

Well, they got in yesterday and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed so far.

The sound is clear, crisp and there is good distinction along the whole tonal range. Not too much extra on the lower end of the frequency for those of you who are bass hounds, but they are well balanced and sound good for what I listen to... which I admit is everything from Mozart to Allen Vizutti to Yellowcard to Dimmu Borgir.

For more technical aspects - They worked well for about up to 20-25ft away from the phone with two concrete/metal doors in between, and didn't start audio cracking until I threw a third door and 5 more ft in there. Honestly I wouldn't just leave my phone in one place and then walk away from it so this doesn't affect me personally. I can't be sure how long the battery lasts yet, on this charge I've used them for maybe 2 hours tops so far since yesterday (spent 16 hours at work today).

The fit is good as long as you don't mind the back not tight up against the back of your head. They are comfortable on the outside of the ears though after about 30 minutes or so they start to feel tight along the tops (this will differ per your ear shape/size I'm sure).

The best thing that I found with them is the little mic they have included, in case you get a call while running. Turns out when I test called the girlfriend last night (who's been complaining about the muffled voice problem) said that I sounded a "1,000" times better with these. So Cheers to that! And even better.... Is that I heard her in both ears, while leaving my hands free to plays COD:Black Ops with the sound off so I could focus on CoD but still hear everthing she said enough to still pay attention.

And as an aside, if anyone uses Skype for international calls and you want an alternative until they fix the Atrix/skype issue. Nobelcom.com are online calling cards with rates about that of Skype - 2.3c a min for me to call her in Singapore from here in Spain.

The call quality on my end was decent. Incoming call audio wasn't the best (not as good as music), but it was better than a lot of the headsets that I've used in the past and it could have been the fact that it was a literal around the globe call.

All in all, if you're interested in stereo bluetooth for running, or whatever you use them for these are good and just over $30, and they work well for calls with better mic out quality than the atrix itself offers.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

S305 vs S9-HD

I have both the S305 and the S9-HD. The S9 seems like an upgraded 305 and a little more rugged construction. I think the S9-HD sounds better and controls are easier to find but the 305 is more comfortable to wear. The S9 came with a Motorola bluetooth transmitter that plugs into iPod/iTouch/iXXX etc. The transmitter works perfectly with either head set.

Remove Ads

Ads