Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse Suggestions? within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I've been using the Logitech diNovo Mini with my htpc for a couple of years. The trackpad is kinda funky. But otherwise it is a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've been using the Logitech diNovo Mini with my htpc for a couple of years. The trackpad is kinda funky. But otherwise it is a nice compact device.

diNovo Mini

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been using my Apple wireless keyboard. It seems to work rather well.
    BUT... It stops working as soon as I hook it up to the HD docking station connected to the TV. I've isolated it to the hdmi connection. If it's not connected, it still works, but as soon as I do, it does some weird thing where only the number keys work.
    Just did not want to buy more keyboards... Any ideas?
    I'm thinking that it has to do with HID bluetooth, and that the Apple keyboard does not support it?
    So, if picking one, make sure you know what you want. Do you want to just use it with the phone, or plugged in to the docking station...

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas666 View Post
    I've been using the Logitech diNovo Mini with my htpc for a couple of years. The trackpad is kinda funky. But otherwise it is a nice compact device.

diNovo Mini
    Will this work with the Atrix though?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Apple keyboard works with my Atrix phone ONLY when not connected to the docking station. So, I'm left to wander if ANY bluetooth keyboards will just work or if you have to get the one from Motorola specifically because of the funky setup with the docking station which is what I'm really interested in.
    My ultimate setup is to be able to use my phone in conference rooms to give presentations using an external keyboard and mouse, and not have to setup my laptop. I'm currently investigating an HDMI to VGA converter since most projectors (for my customers anyway) are still stuck with just VGA.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Been playing with the phone as a mouse, and it's not really easy to use, especially if you need to "swipe". Much easier to simulate a swipe with an external mouse.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Been playing with the phone as a mouse, and it's not really easy to use, especially if you need to "swipe". Much easier to simulate a swipe with an external mouse.
    I agree. This was the one thing that made me regret not getting the full HD Dock/Entertainment package. With just the HD Dock/Webtop the phone as a mouse/keyboard is very cumbersome.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I use my Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse with my Atrix all the time. Both stand alone and with my LapDock. They pair quickly and work beautifully. The only downside is I can't use the fancy gestures with the mouse. But other than that everything else works perfectly.
    -joe-
    -Geek, Hack, Early Adopter-
    "The Cake Is a Lie..."

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prscarp View Post
    Will this work with the Atrix though?
    yup. I've been using it for a month

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I managed to get my Apple keyboard working with the Atrix. SInce I had a heck of a time getting it to pair, I'll share some basic instructions.

With the keyboard off, initiate pairing by holding down the power button until the light blinks.
    Initiate the pairing process on the Atrix.
    During the pairing process, you enter an arbitrary 4 digit code first on the Atrix.
    You then enter the same code on the keyboard and press enter.
    This should pair the two.

Entering the code on the keyboard first does not work.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There must be a bit more to the steps required to make the Apple bluetooth keyboard connect to the Atrix. Anyone care to list the steps in the process?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads