Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola Atrix Lapdock Accessory Set to Drop to $299 on May 1st

This is a discussion on Motorola Atrix Lapdock Accessory Set to Drop to $299 on May 1st within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Yes, I'm also very happy with the lapdock. It's not meant to be a netbook replacement unless you use your netbook only for very light ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, I'm also very happy with the lapdock. It's not meant to be a netbook replacement unless you use your netbook only for very light work. In addition, yes, it is more expensive than some netbooks, which are capable of more. That said, most tablets are also more expensive than netbooks. I can't explain the price.

For me, though, the combination of Atrix + LapDock has been worth every penny; given a chance to do it again, I would purchase both of them again. As was posted, the laptop dock is thin, light (very portable) and works well for light work (eg. note-taking, basic apps & games, etc.). I use docs to go and have found it to work well with the lapdock. It's nice to be able to sit with the lapdock in front of me and be able to go back and forth between browser, email, text messaging, games and everything else that you can do with this phone, while it remains docked and charging. It's outstanding.

No, it's not perfect, but it's actually very good. I picked up a mobile wireless mouse for $9 and found that it improved the experience as well.
    Last edited by BenS; 05-04-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    It may be better now with the Google docs on android now. Anyone used Google docs on there webtop for full scale word docs or presentations?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cpe111uk View Post
    I really don't understand why a tethering plan is required to use an accessory keyboard and screen either. I would perhaps pay $299 for the dock but the tethering plan requirement is a major sticking point.
    You realize it's not required to have the tethering plan to get the hd dock and laptop dock to work right?

You can just use the "tethering hack", turn on the mobile hot spot, and it works?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads