Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Multimedia dock - couple of qs

This is a discussion on Multimedia dock - couple of qs within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I've got the multimedia dock. Being Orange UK, it all came part of my upgrade. Nice However, there's a couple of things I can't going ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Multimedia dock - couple of qs

I've got the multimedia dock. Being Orange UK, it all came part of my upgrade. Nice

However, there's a couple of things I can't going with it and want to know if there's any workarounds.

1. I'd like it to sit on my desk and feed my monitor. However, my monitor has resolution 1680x1050. Not an HD compliant resolution. Is there any way of getting the dock to work on this? Works fine on my HD TV but I don't need my phone over there.

2. I was rather hoping I'd be able to sync my phone with my PC via a USB cable from the dock to the PC. Seems this is not the case. My phone is not picked up by the PC when in the dock. Am I missing a trick?

Thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Well, I might have a few suggestions...

1. Depending on what type of connector your monitor has, you could try and adapter. I remember there were a few members that we're going to try that but I don't recall them posting results.

2. Unfortunately you're not missing anything. None of the docks allow standard USB connection. You might want to try something like Wireless File Transfer from the Market to be able to manage files over Wifi while docked.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have an HDMI to VGA adapter but that doesn't work. I guess the HDMI is only putting out digital despite SVGA being a supported resolution.

Shame. Don't really want to sync over wireless. Was hoping to use Double Twist to manage my media (but without paying for airsync).

Back to the drawing board.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    1. Does your tv display the resolution when you plug in the dock? There is a hdmi to dvi adapter to hook to your computer monitor. If the resolution is 720p the computer monitor was convert it to display the dock output. If the resolution is 1080p you will have a problem, because I don’t think your computer monitor will display that.

2. When the Atrix is in a dock, the usb mode switches to host instead of slave. You cannot connect two computers together usb to usb without an adapter in between.

Sent from my moto Atrix using Tapatalk!
    Magic is real -- unless declared integer.
    - sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    When using the dock and the monitor, webtop is not given as an option on the phone. It has picked up that I've placed it in the dock but Desktop Clock is the only option (other than do nothing) that I have. The monitor does nothing. No signal input. I don't think the dock and my monitor are shaking hands due to the differences in resolution.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LycraLout View Post
    When using the dock and the monitor, webtop is not given as an option on the phone. It has picked up that I've placed it in the dock but Desktop Clock is the only option (other than do nothing) that I have. The monitor does nothing. No signal input. I don't think the dock and my monitor are shaking hands due to the differences in resolution.
    Did you try the adapter and monitor with another source? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with HDCP which would be missing on a VGA device. I do know I've connected the HD dock to a 1080p TV and a 17" DVI monitor. In either case, I was asked what resolution I wanted to use, and the options you get differ depending on the monitor it is hooked up to, but they are still fairly limited options.

Remove Ads

Ads