Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Speck Candy Shell for Atrix

This is a discussion on Speck Candy Shell for Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; [IMG]file:///var/folders/qS/qSl1miKOHPik2Z-rc89ATE+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.WjmjJI/Photo%2060.jpg[/IMG] I just picked up the Speck Candy Shell case for my Atrix. I really wanted the Otterbox Commuter, but I didn't know when I'd ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Speck Candy Shell for Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Smile Speck Candy Shell for Atrix

[IMG]file:///var/folders/qS/qSl1miKOHPik2Z-rc89ATE+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.WjmjJI/Photo%2060.jpg[/IMG]Name:  Photo 73.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  66.8 KBName:  Photo 77.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  78.6 KBName:  Photo 74.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  61.7 KBName:  Photo 76.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  68.4 KBI just picked up the Speck Candy Shell case for my Atrix. I really wanted the Otterbox Commuter, but I didn't know when I'd be able to get it and I really wanted a case ASAP. So i went to my local AT&T. They had the Otterbox Defender, Body Glove case, and the Speck Candy Shell.

I know I'm new to this forum and probably shouldn't be starting my own threads yet, but I figured enough people are looking for cases for their new phones that I might as well make this.

So the case fits very snuggly on the Atrix and takes little effort to get on. (getting it off is a different story. Otherwise I'd show a pic comparing the thinkness.) The case does add a little bulk to the phone but not enough to make the case not worth buying. It has a glossy back which makes pocketing very easy. The rubberish edges (as seen in the picture) can stick a little, which is good and bad. These edges are the only (I dont know how to say this) thing creating distance between the screen and the case. (hope that makes sense) This being said, I'm not sure how the screen would hold up if dropped screen first.

As far as ports go, all of them are usable (even the headphone jack with an L shaped plug) The finger print scanner is VERY usable still. I stress that because the way they have made the case creates no problems at all when using this feature.

Overall I am very happy with this case. It was $35, the same price as the Otterbox Commuter (which i will cancel on amazon right now). I think it will have about the same amount of protection with less bulk than the Otterbox. However, this case did not come with any accessories like I thought Speck products usually come with. Maybe that is because I got it at the ATT store. This means no screen shield. Let me know if you think I need one.

PS: Let me know if this was an OK post. Its my first one
    iamdunne likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Good post! I like Spek cases, but I HATE that rubber siding...it "pills" and that annoys me, I'm a super aesthetic person, and that kills it for me. I have the otter box case (the $50 from att- not sure which one it is) and though it's bulky, it protects nicely. I however, LOVE rhinestone cases, so I'm just waiting for those to hit ebay. (yeah, I know...i'm a girly girl when it comes to my cases)

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tleo43 View Post
    [IMG]file:///var/folders/qS/qSl1miKOHPik2Z-rc89ATE+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.WjmjJI/Photo%2060.jpg[/IMG]Name:  Photo 73.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  66.8 KBName:  Photo 77.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  78.6 KBName:  Photo 74.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  61.7 KBName:  Photo 76.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  68.4 KBI just picked up the Speck Candy Shell case for my Atrix. I really wanted the Otterbox Commuter, but I didn't know when I'd be able to get it and I really wanted a case ASAP. So i went to my local AT&T. They had the Otterbox Defender, Body Glove case, and the Speck Candy Shell.

I know I'm new to this forum and probably shouldn't be starting my own threads yet, but I figured enough people are looking for cases for their new phones that I might as well make this.

So the case fits very snuggly on the Atrix and takes little effort to get on. (getting it off is a different story. Otherwise I'd show a pic comparing the thinkness.) The case does add a little bulk to the phone but not enough to make the case not worth buying. It has a glossy back which makes pocketing very easy. The rubberish edges (as seen in the picture) can stick a little, which is good and bad. These edges are the only (I dont know how to say this) thing creating distance between the screen and the case. (hope that makes sense) This being said, I'm not sure how the screen would hold up if dropped screen first.

As far as ports go, all of them are usable (even the headphone jack with an L shaped plug) The finger print scanner is VERY usable still. I stress that because the way they have made the case creates no problems at all when using this feature.

Overall I am very happy with this case. It was $35, the same price as the Otterbox Commuter (which i will cancel on amazon right now). I think it will have about the same amount of protection with less bulk than the Otterbox. However, this case did not come with any accessories like I thought Speck products usually come with. Maybe that is because I got it at the ATT store. This means no screen shield. Let me know if you think I need one.

PS: Let me know if this was an OK post. Its my first one
    Hi tleo. That was a great first post! Welcome to the forums!

Don't hesitate to post a new thread if you have a question, thought or review that you haven't seen a thread for yet.

I just placed a screen sheild on mine for the first time this past weekend and had had my Atrix since last Monday. The Gorilla held up extremely well, but I wasn't about to chance it for too long. I would usually recommend some type of screen protection going forward just to be safe. Gorilla glass is tough, but it IS possible to scratch it.

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk Pro

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you! I just went to cancel my order on Amazon and it says I cant cancel because my otterbox is about to send That's no good.
    Any suggestions on which screen shield to get? I know there is already a thread but it seems that there arent many options

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Do you like clear or matte/anti-glare?

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk Pro

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I like the matte ones. But I only know what my Girlfriend has on her iPhone.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Excellent review, tleo...thanks for putting it up here! Never hesitate to post up in here, that's what we're for, and what we do.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tleo43 View Post
    I think I like the matte ones. But I only know what my Girlfriend has on her iPhone.
    If you like the matte/anti-glare/anti-fingerprint I actually like the ones that AT&T sells in it's corporate stores and authorized kiosks. They are full face unlike some I've seen that just cover the visual screen. I don't know how I like the price, though. $14 (or is it $15) for two is a bit steep in my opinion.

I'm not using one because I like clear/glossy because it does the best job of leaving the natural view of the screen, and AT&T isn't selling these, at least not for the Atrix. But, that's just my opinion as well and I don't mind wiping my screen off...... alot.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the defender, I am not a fan of the bulky feel. I like the candy shell as well, but I had one for my Iphone and it scratched up so easy. Yes I am a nerd about my cases, I protect my phones so much I go through a couple cases a month at least. I like them to look new, it makes me think the phone is new! LOL Plus I sell all of my phones on ebay after and they are always in Mint condition from my case/screen protector obsession!

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Speck Candyshells are awesome. I used them on my 3G and 3GS. They are probably the best case for that model iPhone there is. I'd get one for the Atrix but I'm not sure it'll work with the LapDock. My LapDock does have a removable adapter that will allow for a lot of cases to work. Just not sure about the Candyshell. Dang I wish my AT&T store had them. I could try it out. Oh and great first post. That's what it's about, helping each other out!
    -joe-
    -Geek, Hack, Early Adopter-
    "The Cake Is a Lie..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads