Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Back Cover Replacement

This is a discussion on Back Cover Replacement within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Originally Posted by hwlester I purchased the blue (really purple) rugged battery door from them back in May and got it in a couple of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Back Cover Replacement

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
    I purchased the blue (really purple) rugged battery door from them back in May and got it in a couple of weeks. I purchased a green one in June and still haven't gotten it. They filed a claim with the USPS (looks like it left Honk Kong, but never made it to the US) and I don't know if or when I'll get my cover...
    your thoughts on the blue (really purple) one?

Done with this.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    I got the blue as well. It's an ok cover, I guess, I do like the feel of it. I don't care for the rubber edge around the front, because it doesn't stay in place around the front of the phone all that well, and i have to 'adjust' it quite a bit.
    It works with the Vehicle Dock with the insert removed, but it doesn't work well with the Standard Dock. It doesn't fit unless I remove the insert, and then it fits sloppily. Too much wiggle room...........
    If not for the Standard Dock fit, I would probably keep using it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Does this silicon case on cnn.cn go on top of the existing battery cover or is this a replacement? i.e. do I need to remove the existing cover?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osprey23 View Post
    Does this silicon case on cnn.cn go on top of the existing battery cover or is this a replacement? i.e. do I need to remove the existing cover?Thanks!
    It replaces the back cover.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    your thoughts on the blue (really purple) one?
    Here are my thoughts after I first got it: What case are you using on your Atrix?
    Here are my thoughts after having used it a while: What case are you using on your Atrix?

Bottom line is that I like it. On another note, I got my green one (which is kind of day-glow green) this past weekend. It indeed has a different texture although it's a bit hard to compare since I've been using the purple one for about 6 months and the silicone is not as stiff as when I first got it. The pattern on the purple one is slightly raised while the green one is pretty much flush. There's also a slightly different feel to the silicone (papery/powdery?). Hard to describe, but I think the green one feels slightly more slick than the purple (somewhere between the purple one and the stock cover). It still provides enough traction to lean the phone against something in either portrait or landscape mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ManDroid View Post
    I got the blue as well. It's an ok cover, I guess, I do like the feel of it. I don't care for the rubber edge around the front, because it doesn't stay in place around the front of the phone all that well, and i have to 'adjust' it quite a bit.
    It works with the Vehicle Dock with the insert removed, but it doesn't work well with the Standard Dock. It doesn't fit unless I remove the insert, and then it fits sloppily. Too much wiggle room...........
    If not for the Standard Dock fit, I would probably keep using it.
    Call Motorola at 1-866-BUY-MOTO and request the SJYN0722A "Two-shot battery door fit plate" which is SUPPOSED to come with the docks according to the online documentation, but hasn't on any of the docks I've purchased. It's mentioned in the manual included with the docks as being for an optional case. Be sure to request one for each dock you own. It will make the rugged battery door fit in the Standard and HD Multimedia docks perfectly. I own 2 standard docks and an HD multimedia dock and use them with these cases.

Debating on whether I should get the pink one for completeness sake.
    Last edited by hwlester; 12-05-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Call Motorola at 1-866-BUY-MOTO and request the SJYN0722A "Two-shot battery door fit plate" which is SUPPOSED to come with the docks according to the online documentation, but hasn't on any of the docks I've purchased. It's mentioned in the manual included with the docks as being for an optional case. Be sure to request one for each dock you own. It will make the rugged battery door fit in the Standard and HD Multimedia docks perfectly. I own 2 standard docks and an HD multimedia dock and use them with these cases.
    Thanks!

Debating on whether I should get the pink one for completeness sake.
    ewwww......
    WERA689 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    LOL... just kidding. There's probably a reason why the pink one is cheaper than the others... Also with the differences in color between the advertised color and the actual color, the pink one might actually be burgundy colored.
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just wanted to quick bump this thread for anyone questioning weather CNN.CN is legit on not. I've been buying from them for years with no problems. Just do a quick search on any cellphone related forums and you'll probably here talk about them. They have been around for a WHILE now, the first thing I got from them was a opaque housing for a B&W nokia phone, THATS how long they've been around

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keicar View Post
    Just wanted to quick bump this thread for anyone questioning weather CNN.CN is legit on not. I've been buying from them for years with no problems. Just do a quick search on any cellphone related forums and you'll probably here talk about them. They have been around for a WHILE now, the first thing I got from them was a opaque housing for a B&W nokia phone, THATS how long they've been around
    I ordered two of the rugged cases from them. Got the first one in about 2 weeks. The second got lost in the mail and they had to file a claim for it. This drug out over several months. Eventually it was returned to them: undamaged, oddly enough... They informed me it had been returned to them and asked me what I wanted to do. I told them to send it again and they did. I got it about a week later (although it was probably about 4-5 months after I ordered it thanks to the post office).
    Hiram

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Since this thread popped up again, I though I might mention that you can actually get the stock replacement back cover here: Motorola ATRIX 4G Battery Door - Black - $12.95

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads