Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No case for me. Who's with me?

This is a discussion on No case for me. Who's with me? within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I have tried (and still own) three different ones including a TPU and they all drive me nuts. It throws me off when I'm texting ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: No case for me. Who's with me?

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    I have tried (and still own) three different ones including a TPU and they all drive me nuts. It throws me off when I'm texting and have to get to the right of left edges of the keyboard and no matter which one I use (tried the feather but took it back) to me it makes the phone feel too bulky.

For about six months I had one of those ghost armor adhesive style deals on the screen and the battery door cover. Great traction with no bulk but it eventually starts to peal so I pulled it off and I've been "nekkid" for about a month now....which is I'm gonna have to stop doing because it's freakin' cold now!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    The one case I used scratched up the battery door, which in my opinion gets scratched up way to easily. It is such a cheap piece of plastic that I have given up, and the gorilla glass has worked great for anti scratches so I don't use a screen protector. I've tried to scratch it without success, and if it were dropped high enough to break the screen, it would break with or without a screen protector. I guess I'm living on the edge
    MJPollard likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    The one case I used scratched up the battery door, which in my opinion gets scratched up way to easily. It is such a cheap piece of plastic that I have given up, and the gorilla glass has worked great for anti scratches so I don't use a screen protector. I've tried to scratch it without success, and if it were dropped high enough to break the screen, it would break with or without a screen protector. I guess I'm living on the edge
    I'm with you there on the screen. The gorilla glass is so tough and scratch-resistant that I figure anything that's harsh enough to damage it would probably trash the phone, too.
    thekooliest likes this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    I'm with you there on the screen. The gorilla glass is so tough and scratch-resistant that I figure anything that's harsh enough to damage it would probably trash the phone, too.
    Every now and then it looks scratched and I'm like..."Sam you idiot!", but it is just a smudge that wipes off lol
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    I've never had a case on any phone I've ever owned. I hate them.

Sent from Chris's Atrix
    thekooliest and ManDroid like this.

Member #
    Twitter
    red_foxx15
    Liked
    13 times
    I used to have a case on my captivate but it got in the way of my edges and made my phone too bulky. I have been running nekked with my ATRIX since I got it in early October and have been doing fine. I think invisishield would be the only protection I would find the right size and at that price if it peeled I would go nutz so i dont even bother.

With that said I bought a case for my phone yesterday. The kickstand got me lol

Sent from my ATRIX

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    We can get battery cover replacements, right? Mine has gotten scratched from removing my case for battery pulls. Go figure.. The case scratches the phone. O_o
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Nekkid since April when I got docks to make it much easier. Phone works just fine after being dropped so many times onto concrete, etc. Just scratches on the back cover. The front is still mint.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    We can get battery cover replacements, right? Mine has gotten scratched from removing my case for battery pulls. Go figure.. The case scratches the phone. O_o
    I asked yesterday when I was in the device service center for AT&T where they handle hardware replacements but they don't sell extras. However, I just purchased mine for $5 off Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-ATRIX-MB860-Cover-Battery/dp/B005G00W16

(looks like I bought the last $5 one, now they are $6 muahahah)
    - Sam

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Incipio Feather here. I hate bulky cases but I also like some peace of mind.

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads