Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2 Questions. (Framerate for Webtop / Compatible USB Game Pad for GTA3 and EMU)

This is a discussion on 2 Questions. (Framerate for Webtop / Compatible USB Game Pad for GTA3 and EMU) within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hello Forum, Here I am having lots of fun with GTA3, on my Atrix 4G... but it occurred to me that since I have a ...

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

Cool 2 Questions. (Framerate for Webtop / Compatible USB Game Pad for GTA3 and EMU)

Hello Forum,

Here I am having lots of fun with GTA3, on my Atrix 4G... but it occurred to me that since I have a Multimedia Dock I can play it on TV with Webtop...

Well... first of all it was a pleasant surprise that GTA3 recognizes basic directional input such as the included Remote from the dock to actually control the character... and cars (while clicking with a wireless mouse over the virtual gas button)

Anyway while driving the game suffers noticeable framerate loss and I have notice this while playing a movie through mobo (though not as annoying as in the game).

1.- Does anyone here knows how is webtop limited to displaying game's frame rate, or videos?. (1.1.- Am I correct that this is a frame rate problem or could it be something else, refreshing, TV screen, frequency???)

2.- Since GTA is (partially?) compatible with regular keyboards and Dock's Remote Control... which USB game pad do you recommend that's proven (or at least likely) to work with our Atrix's Webtop Mode...?

Thanks a lot, hope this thread helps other people too...

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Happy New Year to everyone in this great forum...

...and bump

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Ok, for the sake of just replying in case someone needs to know something similar...

I cant find information regarding my first question but I ran some tests with AnTutu Benchmark and it seems that while on webtop, 3D Graphics suffers A LOT... while 2D remains the same or even better. (I ran it full screen but Portrait, so Landscape could be worse)

Anyway Frame Rate is noticeable lower on webtop. But if I use Mobile View in a window not fullscreen, games such as Grand Theft Auto 3 runs pretty decent.

As for the 2nd question.... I discovered that using a keyboard plug into the USB of my Multimedia dock, will give me most functions of the game, leaving out basically just shooting.

It is possible to Map they keyboard keys to a Wiimote using WiimoteController but it is kind of annoying, and I suggest to save those key changes to a new profile. The reason being that for emulators you will use the default keys on the wiimote, so you might need to switch from one to the other...

Anyway, I settled for using the Wiimote + Mouse Pointer on Webtop. Using the mouse for shooting and changing the view more precisely, and the Wiimote for everything else.

I will elaborate this on the games section.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Glad you found some answers for yourself..sorry no one here had input.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry for the late reply.

I'm using FPSe, and I've mapped all the keys on the lapdock. I've never really played GTA so I don't know the control scheme.

Anyway, so in FPSe I've got a few settings I'd like to share for you to see if it works, I've used these settings on a number of games without any problems, and it runs pretty good on the lapdock IMO.

In system parameters these are checked on

Mdec Acceleration
    Gte Acceleration
    Fast booting
    Dualcore boost

In video I have

Framelimiter
    And in Frameskip I have up to 10FPS

I use this to play RE3 on the lapdock without any major issues.

Remove Ads

Ads