Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My SD Card died!!

This is a discussion on My SD Card died!! within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; So you know that awesome PNY 32GB SDHC class 10 card I was praising just before Christmas? Well, mine crapped out on me. I think ...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times

My SD Card died!!

So you know that awesome PNY 32GB SDHC class 10 card I was praising just before Christmas? Well, mine crapped out on me. I think I know why, I unplugged it before it was safe to do so. I lost everything on the card. Luckily, I backed it up a few days later. I must has anticipated my own stupidity. Since this has happened, I have tried quite a few different recovery tools at hand to try and bring it back to life.

If anyone has any ideas, I am open to them. But I was so proud of this card. It performed so well until I busted it.

To give you an idea of what I have done to try and recover it, here goes:

I have tried it in two different phones (both Motorola Atrix).
    I have tried it on three different Windows computers.
    I have tried it on one Mac.
    I have tried it on one Linux machine.

I cannot get anything to discover it.

I know the adapter is came with is still good as it still reads my current memory card in my phone right now. Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated. No idea is too crazy. Just to give you an idea, I have had to rig up an 12v batter to act as a power supply for an integrated wireless unit to get it to reset, I can rig something if you think it will work!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im interested in any advice on this subject as i have a sd card with some data i need recovering ... not from my atrix from my prior motorola v3i
    ____
    hdm

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    I talked to my roommate and I used the two programs that he recommended for trying to recover data from any storage devices with no success. Even when using these programs, they could not detect any type of partition on the card. This tells me that if I really need the data recovered (which I really don't, I have a recent backup) then I would have to send it out to a data recovery company. It's not worth the trouble or the money. I just want my card to work. I ordered another one made by ADATA that had some awesome reviews. We'll see what happens.

Like I said, I think I caused the problem myself because I was in a rush and didn't give the SD card time to mount.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    what were the programs your roomie had ?
    ____
    hdm

Remove Ads

Ads