Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Get the car dock or not?

This is a discussion on Get the car dock or not? within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I actually have a nice cable I was using for my iPod... for some reason I never tried it. I'll do that and hopefully it ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Get the car dock or not?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I actually have a nice cable I was using for my iPod... for some reason I never tried it. I'll do that and hopefully it fixes it. The dock is a bit glitchy.. great for navigation. Ive tested it a bit. The music player I found kind of annoying to use. I just ended up exiting dock homescreen and opening the music player from app list. That way I can scroll through the songs easier.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Car dock $39.99 on Amazon currently

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    http://gplus.to/kyyser

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/C9OR76q

Running a Rooted AT&T Atrix 4G with an Unlocked Bootloader AND Running CherryBlur v1.3

"Motorola -- hobbling even the best hardware!"

"Let him who wishes to be deceived, be deceived." - Maxims of Law

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I had the car dock for the D2 and now for the Atrix...I wouldn't go without it. It's an amazing GPS device out of the box and i use my bluethooth headset with it and I get turn by turn in my hear when on a call. not to mention, all my apps for listening to my local radio while traveling. A must have.. If you have a GPS device, sell it in a garage sale, you don't need it, all you need is your phone and to all the nah sayers, the Android GPS out of the box makes the iPhone look silly

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I love the dock in my truck - nothing like it for navigation. This thing will recognize spoken direction requests at an unbelievable accuracy.
    As far as the nav app I wish there was a way to make the streets a little "fatter". I bought another dock with the intent to modify for my motorcycle and being able to see at a glance is very important. Also I wish that real POI indicators instead of teh generic little pointy things. The TomTom has little icons of the establishments meaning I can see a BofA ATM very easily. Other than those two quibbles it's the best GPS I've used.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Having one wire for charging and the audio connection is a really strong feature plus a dock that is engineered to fit only one phone, I.e. looks very good. I say buy!

(Albeit the dock seems to gave charging performance issues compared to connecting to a usb car charger with a stock USB to micro USB cable.)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jjwatmyself; 05-02-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Love my car Dock. It charges my Atrix super fast and with the Navigator, I won't be buying an exteranl navigation device.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Totally just impulse bought this, hope its worth it ^_^

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJon View Post
    I love the dock in my truck - nothing like it for navigation. This thing will recognize spoken direction requests at an unbelievable accuracy.
    As far as the nav app I wish there was a way to make the streets a little "fatter". I bought another dock with the intent to modify for my motorcycle and being able to see at a glance is very important. Also I wish that real POI indicators instead of teh generic little pointy things. The TomTom has little icons of the establishments meaning I can see a BofA ATM very easily. Other than those two quibbles it's the best GPS I've used.
    I'm wanting to do the same thing, please let me know what you come up with.

What size is the "ball" on the end of the suction mount, maybe I can help with your research.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wonder if anyone has noticed how much data is used when using the navigation? I've only played with it for very short trips and it seemed to be negligible but I wonder about using it on a long trip.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I have unlimited, so I've never paid attention to that. BUT....I got a 15 generic dock, much prefer that to the ATT dock. It all seems nice, but I just got tired of removing my case, putting it back, removing, back removing back....and on and on and on
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads