Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lapdock without going into webtop??

This is a discussion on Lapdock without going into webtop?? within the Motorola Atrix Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Okay, so this may sound silly to some of you guys. I absolutely hate webtop mode. I have a lapdock with an atrix running Nottach. ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Lapdock without going into webtop??

Okay, so this may sound silly to some of you guys. I absolutely hate webtop mode. I have a lapdock with an atrix running Nottach. I'm using webtop 2.3.6, but what I really want to do is to be able to dock my atrix into the lapdock without going into webtop.

The reason being is that I use the lapdock in mobile view only. I virtually have no reason to use webtop whatsoever. Mainly because I play PS1 games on it, and the extra memory would be nice to have without the needing to overclock my phone.

I've tried to dock my phone with lapdock closed, selected Mirror image, and then when I open my lapdock it goes straight into webtop.

Anyone have any advice??

Also the only reason why I flashed the webtop is simply because without it, my phone would not scale when docked into the lapdock. Which did me no good anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I can't help you, but I have a question that is on topic to this subject... I would also like to use all of my RAM in webtop mode with true app scaling. I have my fingers crossed that the ICS update will remedy this situation within the next month. Does anyone know if the 4.0 update will solve these issues when switching to tablet mode? I, too, play emulators on my atrix and am curious about the RAM management of 4.0. Currently, emulators lag too much to really be playable in webtop mode.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    *off topic* Do you drive a lotus??

I honestly am not going to update to ICS. I'm too accustomed to the way things are now. Last night I just plugged my phone into my PC monitor via HDMI, and it was awesome. I don't know why I never did that before, but it was awesome, game ran great, not laggy one bit.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Yep, I have an 05 Elise. Not the one pictured in the avatar, though. Its mostly stock minus an exhaust and headlamps. Are you HDMI mirroring (in landscape mode)? If so, that is awesome. I haven't dug into any ROM's or hacks to access that sort of thing. I've just been holding out until 4.0 with hopes of less restrictions. HMDI + a PS3 controller via sixaxis would be freaking sweet.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm jealous, I was going get a used Exige, but I couldn't buy a car that the seat wouldn't slide back, and wasn't really a daily, so I bought what was second best, S2000 CR.

Anyway, yeah HDMI mirroring in landscape, you've got to put the phone sideways though. It kinda sucks, but it's not that big of a deal. I think my biggest gripe is that I can't put the phone to sleep. So the screen is always running and the battery drain is crazy.

There's actually an app on the play store that allows HDMI mirroring, but requires root to my understanding. Pretty much I used FPSe + wiimote + classic controller and done. I haven't used the PS3 controller app though.

Remove Ads

Ads