Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

APK Extractor

This is a discussion on APK Extractor within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sylark.apkextractor&hl=en T his particular app takes an installed app on your phone and converts it to a .apk file. That way you can back up ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nalomo
  • 1 Post By Condor97

Thread: APK Extractor

Member #
    Liked
    52 times

APK Extractor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sylark.apkextractor&hl=en

T
    his particular app takes an installed app on your phone and converts it to a .apk file.
    That way you can back up the app into an installer like file, and store that .apk anywhere you want.

Typically, a user "installs" an app from the play store. It is automatically downloaded then installed.
    However, with apk extractor, you can retrieve the app and re-zip into a .apk file.

Its real handy as you can send an application to a friend nearby and that friend has no internet access to the play store.

Real world example would be, you have an awesome calculator app, which your girlfriend thinks its the best.
    Fortunately, she has an android phone. Unfortunately, she has no internet access. But that is ok.
    You have apk extractor. you run the app. convert the calculator app to a calculator .apk file. Then you
    bluetooth transfer the file over to her phone. Over on her phone now, she opens the file manager, and launches
    the .apk file. The calculator app installs on her phone. Thats when the girl hugs and proceeds to kiss you, the hero.

Good app.

- U

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Thanks for the tip! That's a good thing to have, especially if you want to run an old version of an app.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    I've been using this app for a while to store my current versions on drop box..

That way, when an update breaks an app I have a backup.

Sent from my LG-E970
    Condor97 likes this.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Yes I wish I had this before they updated chrome. Don't you hate that lol
    UltraDroid likes this.

Remove Ads