Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best Email App

This is a discussion on Best Email App within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I am not on the stock ROM and what I liked about that was the fact the corporate email client would sync calander/contacts. I am ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jo15765

Thread: Best Email App

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Best Email App

I am not on the stock ROM and what I liked about that was the fact the corporate email client would sync calander/contacts. I am currently using TouchDown, but wanted to see what other email apps out there you guys recommended that could sync calander/contacts.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    How is touchdown working for you? Sometimes the third party apps work better. For my calendar I just use the stock Google calendar, and I use Android Pro Widgets (for my calendar) more for looks than anything else. For email, I use Gmail, it syncs all my contacts so that when I flash a new rom I don't have to worry about losing any. What rom are you on (and phone lol)?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    How is touchdown working for you? Sometimes the third party apps work better. For my calendar I just use the stock Google calendar, and I use Android Pro Widgets (for my calendar) more for looks than anything else. For email, I use Gmail, it syncs all my contacts so that when I flash a new rom I don't have to worry about losing any. What rom are you on (and phone lol)?
    I am on day 4 of the 30 day trial of Touchdown and it is working great, am very happy with the look and the feel of it. I have the Atrix MB860 and am running Beanstalk on it.

Can you sync a corporate account with Gmail? I know it is one of the highest recommended in all my google searching (that and K9, but I use K9 for my personal mail and don't want the two to intertwine if I can help it.) But I also use Gmail to sync my contacts, 'cause like you said, switching to a new ROM or reverting to an old one, it's a simple click and you have all your contacts back.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D03274256 View Post
    I am on day 4 of the 30 day trial of Touchdown and it is working great, am very happy with the look and the feel of it. I have the Atrix MB860 and am running Beanstalk on it.

Can you sync a corporate account with Gmail? I know it is one of the highest recommended in all my google searching (that and K9, but I use K9 for my personal mail and don't want the two to intertwine if I can help it.) But I also use Gmail to sync my contacts, 'cause like you said, switching to a new ROM or reverting to an old one, it's a simple click and you have all your contacts back.
    Good question. I know that Gmail has changed a bit to categorize mail, but I haven't had the time to check out the details yet. I would think you would have to import your contacts to your gmail, and I don't believe there is a way to seperate contacts (that I know of).

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    It looks like the Google App Sync will sync up your contacts/calander onto the Google Apps Server but I haven't tried it. I am not sure though if this would allow you to "transfer" your corporate account to google either, meaning DO3274256@corporate.com when synced with gmail might become D03274256@gmail.com. I do not use google mail, so I do not know if you could create an alias or set up google mail to "show" that it was sent from D03274256@corporate.com.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync
    Condor97 likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads