Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Todays Amazon Free App

This is a discussion on Todays Amazon Free App within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Originally Posted by G-Man Be careful with this one guys/gals - the Dev of this app seems to have a shady rep. The EULA also ...

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Todays Amazon Free App

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Be careful with this one guys/gals - the Dev of this app seems to have a shady rep. The EULA also states that they collect personal information typed with their keyboard (even though they swear its protected) I would proceed with some caution here. Any passwords and login info you use (including banking apps) may be collected and you dont know whats being done with it.
    Actually, I believe that every keyboard app gives the same warning...I know Swype does, and I'm pretty sure the rest do too. The warning is simply due to the fact that it COULD log your keystrokes...as can ANY keyboard. Unless I'm missing something, this is not an issue.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    It should be harmless (at least I hope so because it's my keyboard of choice ), but G-Man's got a point. Most of the options you can turn off when you set it up, but this new SwiftKey X does gain access to your social accounts, e-mail, text messages... anything you let it really... to be able to help predict your typing. So, yeah, the standard keyboard permissions are there, but this one takes it to a new level.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    So what's up with Amazon and Delicious: Emily's taste of Fame? Can someone who's downloaded it (Gman? ) tell me if Hugh Grant makes a cameo and you get to select from your favorite Barbie or Gray's Anatomy character?

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    well with regards to Swiftkey X, you don't have to let it read your emails, social networks, etc... so in that sense it is more up to the user to allow them entry into their personal stuff.

I trust them, but since I only allow SMS predictability, I guess it doesn't affect me that much since I do not enter personal passwords, logins, or any banking info on my phone and SMS.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I have to agree with the above comment. If you allow it access to your personal details then there is an increased risk of data being stolen, but I think it's unlikely from a reputable app developer like this. If they were going to do it, they could have done it by now.

I'm now running swype. I emailed SK to ask about a fix to the problem or a refund, and i was refunded straight away.
    Bit gutted as I really liked the app, but it wasn't working for me so it was a waste of money. Glad it's not affected anyone on here as it really is a great app.
    I'll keep an eye out for it in future sales and maybe try it again at a later date.
    Spreading the Android word across the UK with the help of my Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    man that really sucks davey. Did you ask them to see if they could work with you to help you solve your problem?

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    When i emailed them they asked me to raise the issue on the forum (oddly), so i searched for all the topics relating to this problem and commented and voted for them to get looked at.
    Eventually I posted a comment on their facebook page and they took notice and emailed me back. I was offered a refund, so i don't think they are that bothered to be honest. Others have left similar comments on the market store and mentioned both the Atrix and Samsung Galaxy S2, so it isn't just my handset that is affected. Not to worry, if it gets fixed i will buy it again, but sadly it will be 4 times the price of when i bought it originally!
    Spreading the Android word across the UK with the help of my Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    man........I realize that Amazon AppStore has too many problems to make it work great. Plus, now with Unknown Sources install enabled, I don't feel the need for AppStore anymore.

They just updated SwiftKey X to a newer version BUT there is no way to update your current old version unless you uninstall, somehow get rid of your purchasing history which is impossible, and buy the newer version. Just silly.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Today's free app is Star Chart

I haven't tried it out but it seems similar to Google Sky Map
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    It is. And I've checked out of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads