Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

GO SMS vs Handcent?

This is a discussion on GO SMS vs Handcent? within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Originally Posted by WERA689 Ooops....welcome to Short Attention Span Theater You should join me in the Greek theatre Sent from my Tangerine Gingerblur v3.1 Atrix...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Ooops....welcome to Short Attention Span Theater
    You should join me in the Greek theatre

Sent from my Tangerine Gingerblur v3.1 Atrix

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Well.. I've used both. I have been using GO a majority of the time because I liked the lay out better. But I've had A LOT of force closes and bugs with it lately I wish that weren't the case, because I love the app. Though, I have experienced the same issue with MMS. So I always just ask the sender to re-send with out the message and it works fine. But, I know that's not really ideal nor convenient. I'm not sure if Handcent is capable of receiving MMS with message text and still giving you the option to view it correctly. Maybe try e-mailing the GO dev team because they seem so awesome, and ask them about why it does that and request a fix. Just an idea if Handcent gives the same issue.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I installed Handcent to test it out .... but I forgot to disable GO .... boy, was that a mess with both programs trying to respond at the same time....I'd be typing and another msg would come in and boot me out of typing mode. The person I was texting with recommending Whatsapp .... anyone know anything about it? (she's an Apple-fan-boy, though)
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I need a new text message app!

Just posted about this on that thread. As a note to that, on the long press menu, you have the option to "Copy attached to SD Card," which will save the picture for you, and you can see the full size version of it that way.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoken0367 View Post
    I need a new text message app!

Just posted about this on that thread. As a note to that, on the long press menu, you have the option to "Copy attached to SD Card," which will save the picture for you, and you can see the full size version of it that way.
    Unfortunately Ryoken, for the specific situation I described (pic and text in same convo bubble) you are wrong. I know when the long press works and believe me when i tell you, it DOES NOT work in that instance.

Sent from my un-modded (see: chicken) Atrix using tapatalk.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Guess I should've been more clear, this is in Handcent (my post on the other thread I linked does say it's in Handcent as well).

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoken0367 View Post
    Guess I should've been more clear, this is in Handcent (my post on the other thread I linked does say it's in Handcent as well).
    Yeah...I replied, then followed the link and read that. Consequently, I downloaded Handcent, long pressed as you suggested and of course it worked as you said and gave me a BUNCH of options. One of those options that stood out (besides the ability to download to SD) was the ability to forward, which GO didn't have regardless. As a result I uninstalled everything that had to do with GO SMS.

So that's it for me, Handcent wins IMHO.

Sorry I don't have the patients to send a long e-mail to the GO dev team explaining their short comings Monsta, I just want a program to work and Handcent does what I want it to.

Thanks for the input y'all.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Fine with me, man. Was just a thought. I'm in love with the customization of GO.. But I'm getting so many bugs and forcecloses... I don't know how much longer I'll keep it.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Spend a little more time looking over Handcent. I've only spent a few minutes glancing over some of the options to customize and I've already found that Handcent has nearly all of the same features as GO has in terms of customizing.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I'm in love with Handcent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads