Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

GrooVe IP

This is a discussion on GrooVe IP within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Now, I personally have no use for this app, but users who are messing with sipdroid, sipsorcery, sipgate, ipkall, localphone, etc seem to be very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GrooVe IP

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times

GrooVe IP

Now, I personally have no use for this app, but users who are messing with sipdroid, sipsorcery, sipgate, ipkall, localphone, etc seem to be very excited about it ("game changer," "Best App I’ve used yet!" etc). I’m including all the details below, so see if this app is for you.
    This app, in conjunction with Google Voice, lets you make unlimited calls to any phone in US or Canada using the data connection of your mobile device without using up any of your mobile minutes! Once you get a free public phone number from Google Voice, you can use this app to make or receive calls to/from anyone in the world. (For details of how to get a free US phone number, the low international calling rates, or any other details, please visit the Google Voice web site at http://www.google.com/voice.)
    This app supports making and receiving calls using Wi-Fi and/or 3G/4G data connections. It brings the power of Google Voice to you without the need to use any of your mobile minutes. You get all the advanced voice features provided by Google Voice on your mobile device. These features include:
    - A single number that rings you anywhere
    - Online voicemail–transcribed messages delivered to your inbox
    - Free calls within US and Canada, and super low rates everywhere else
    - The ability to send incoming call to voicemail
    - Incoming call recording
    With this app it is like having two-phones-in-one. For example, you can use your original phone number for business and use the new one for personal use.
    This app is also perfect for you if you are in a location with poor or no mobile reception but still have Internet connectivity over Wi-Fi.
    If you have a smart phone with Wi-Fi connectivity but no mobile plan, you can use this app to convert it to a free, full-featured working phone.
    This app has a separate dialer that can be used to make calls. Alternatively, the native dialer/call-log/contacts/favorite functionality can be shared between the "two phones" on a call-by-call basis.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    VoIP???? Finally! Muahahahahahha! Free minutes for us granfathered unlimited data users

Edit: Free minutes once I decide to suck it up and pay the 4 bucks or what ever it is for the app.
    Last edited by Im A Monsta; 05-05-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is an android interface to Google Talk. Innovative approach but not necassary considering the native cellular integration of the android Google Voice client. I definitely see value in bringing a replacement for the retired Gizmo5 SIP service that Google bought but I don't think this is it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    So.. Can we make out going calls on google voice, with out this app? Or is VoIP not possible with out this?
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    So.. Can we make out going calls on google voice, with out this app? Or is VoIP not possible with out this?
    Ya you can make outgoing & incoming calls on google voice. On the atrix you need to increase the mic gain otherwise the other side won't hear you (I set it to 0 instead of -2). There's also some echo which can be minimized by reducing the speaker volume. Also, if you want incoming calls to work properly you'll have to enable "Incoming Audio Processing" in the troubleshooting menu.

We're working on an echo canceler, that should get rid of the echo for good once it's done. Atrix does have a few audio driver bugs, so call quality isn't going to be the best until motorola fixes those.
    Last edited by snrb_labs; 05-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    How do I make an out going call on my phone using that number? Is it VoIP?

Posted using Tapatalk on Monsta's sexy Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    How do I make an out going call on my phone using that number? Is it VoIP?

Posted using Tapatalk on Monsta's sexy Atrix
    Ya it's VoIP. So doesn't use your minutes, uses your data plan or wifi. There are two options, the app has it's own dial screen. Or there are configurations that allow you to use the native dialer. The app can either ask every call whether to use your mobile network or GrooVe IP, you can set it to always use GrooVe IP from the native dialer, or always use your mobile network and not GrooVe IP when the native dialer is used.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Ahh, see I was under the impression you meant I could do this solely from Google Voice. Because of this; "So.. Can we make out going calls on google voice, with out this app? Or is VoIP not possible with out this?" says Me, and you replied "Ya you can make outgoing & incoming calls on google voice.".

So to be clear, the only way of achieving this, is buying the app.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes. You need the app. The app connects to Google Voice via VoIP. The regular Google Voice app uses your minutes. This does not.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Got it. Thank you for the clarification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads