Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to install, sideload, and use the Amazon Appstore for Android on non-rooted Atrix

This is a discussion on How to install, sideload, and use the Amazon Appstore for Android on non-rooted Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Dont know why all that was necessary although I applaud anyone that helps people. I just installed the amazon app and logged in using my ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How to install, sideload, and use the Amazon Appstore for Android on non-rooted Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dont know why all that was necessary although I applaud anyone that helps people. I just installed the amazon app and logged in using my amazon account and i can get the apps without doing anything special. ATT isnt blocking me from anything reference amazon.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bu3ll3r View Post
    Dont know why all that was necessary although I applaud anyone that helps people. I just installed the amazon app and logged in using my amazon account and i can get the apps without doing anything special. ATT isnt blocking me from anything reference amazon.
    Are you rooted, by any chance? Stock AT&T builds (as of version 4.1.83 of the firmware) to my knowledge still do not allow non-Android market installs. (it's coming soon with the Gingerbread update) Most people get a black box telling them that they cannot install from "unknown sources". If you are rooted AND have run GladEnabler or manually changed the settings.db file to allow non-market installs, then you don't need to do it the long way. Also, if you have an Atrix on another carrier, you also don't usually have this problem. It's just an AT&T thing, as far as I know.

If you aren't rooted and you are on AT&T, congrats, you seem to have gotten a good one!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I rooted when I got the phone on launch day. Then some update came out and now my apps requiring root do not work and I haven't messed with looking how to root with the latest version. So I am not rooted now and wasn't when I installed the amazon app. I am on ATT. Maybe something left over from the original root assisted me even though I wasn't rooted when I installed the app? Dunno.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    It sounds like when you originally rooted your phone was changed to allow unknown source installs. A number of root methods did that. That's why you can install non- market apps now. Stock phones cannot do that (yet), which is why they either have to root or install things the long way.

Losing root through an update doesn't change that setting. So your' re still good to go!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    under "the things you need"
    I cannot bring up that link for some reason. I did a google for Windows 32 bit Motorola driver and I believe that is the one I should download, if not please let me know.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwooky View Post
    under "the things you need"
    I cannot bring up that link for some reason. I did a google for Windows 32 bit Motorola driver and I believe that is the one I should download, if not please let me know.
    http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?...999d26941bfa01

I guess I love Tapatalk...
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Sorry for such an ugly link, lemme know if that one works...it was confusing to find from my phone

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    Sorry for such an ugly link, lemme know if that one works...it was confusing to find from my phone

That one looks like it's good.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am so glad I found this website. For a newbie like me you guys got me to the point where I can sideload. I never even heard of that term 2 hours ago and now I have amazon app store on my phone. You guys rock
    das8nt and WERA689 like this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwooky View Post
    I am so glad I found this website. For a newbie like me you guys got me to the point where I can sideload. I never even heard of that term 2 hours ago and now I have amazon app store on my phone. You guys rock
    Enjoy! Maybe in a week you will be rooting ha, no pressure. I remember when I first got the phone I didn't feel like rooting, and this week I helped 3 people unlock their bootloaders and install gingerbread lol, I love hacking this baby.

- Sam

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads