Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to install, sideload, and use the Amazon Appstore for Android on non-rooted Atrix

This is a discussion on How to install, sideload, and use the Amazon Appstore for Android on non-rooted Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Originally Posted by thekooliest Enjoy! Maybe in a week you will be rooting ha, no pressure. I remember when I first got the phone I ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How to install, sideload, and use the Amazon Appstore for Android on non-rooted Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    Enjoy! Maybe in a week you will be rooting ha, no pressure. I remember when I first got the phone I didn't feel like rooting, and this week I helped 3 people unlock their bootloaders and install gingerbread lol, I love hacking this baby.

I guess I love Tapatalk...
    when I think of rooting , I think of gardening so I will have to read up on this rooting term you are using. I have heard of gingerbread though. Don't you need that for Netflix? By the way if At&t comes out with an update so that we all can get the Amazon App store will that effect any of the settings I have changed or will everything be fine, or should i change the settings back (like the debugging etc.)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwooky View Post
    when I think of rooting , I think of gardening so I will have to read up on this rooting term you are using. I have heard of gingerbread though. Don't you need that for Netflix? By the way if At&t comes out with an update so that we all can get the Amazon App store will that effect any of the settings I have changed or will everything be fine, or should i change the settings back (like the debugging etc.)
    Rooting pretty much allows you to access the root of your phone. That's how I see it. You can modify certain system files using a computer or an app like root explorer. The biggest reason AT&T users root is for the enabling of non market apps. The gingerbread we speak of is speculated to drop via OTA (over the air) update on the ATRIX in just a couple weeks. This update includes installing non market apps so you wont need to sideload them anymore. As for settings, none of them should matter. USB Debugging is always on for me because every now and then I need it for hacking my phone and it doesn't hurt. Hope that answered some more

I guess I love Tapatalk...
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Here's a good thread for getting you started on the learning process. It's just FYI and there's no pressure to go anywhere with it. We still have a LOT of our members that have never modded a single thing on their phones and they are as happy as can be with them.

Fundamentals of Rooting and Terms Explained

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Ah we are so pressuring :-!

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    shows you how new I am , I just played angry birds for the first time. Kinda addicting though. I see why people talk about this game. So this gingerbread will be loaded automatically or will we have to manually do it?

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    When it's ready for release, you'll see a notification in your notification bar (duh) at the top of the screen. Opening that will give you instructions on how to download and install the new OS. And I'm sure there'll be instructions for manual installation here, if you don't want to wait for the release to roll around to you...there always is

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    shows you how new I am , I just played angry birds for the first time. Kinda addicting though. I see why people talk about this game. So this gingerbread will be loaded automatically or will we have to manually do it?
    You'll hear buzz here when it is released and generally over the air updates send a push notification saying download me (on wifi)! And then you download and install. It takes a bit. not everyone gets a notification right away so you can check for updates by going settings > about phone > check for updates. There isn't a chance of an update quite yet, but there won't be much work you have to do. Some users hacked their phones by unlocking the bootloader and installed gingerbread liked myself.

I hope that explanation wasn't too much

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know where to get this his sideloader program? all the links I click take me to a broken page.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Search the forums for air sideload, its an equivalent program made by a user on these forums.

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads