Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gallery frustration

This is a discussion on Gallery frustration within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hi All, I'm still making the transition from the Nexus One (that I dropped and destroyed) and the Atrix. Overall the Atrix is a great ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gallery frustration

Member #
    Liked
    103 times

Gallery frustration

Hi All,

I'm still making the transition from the Nexus One (that I dropped and destroyed) and the Atrix. Overall the Atrix is a great phone. But some things have been extremely frustrating to the point that I wonder if anyone at Motorola actually tried using the device before they started shipping them out.

On the N1 I have a bunch of pictures in directories under the Pictures folder which the N1 conveniently shows as folders (gee, what a concept). But on the Atrix there seems to be NO SUCH VIEW. Are you kidding me?

Anyone know how to deal with this or another application to view pictures this way?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Yes, the Gallery is a joke. Might I suggest a quick trip to the Market and grab QuickPic. It allows you to hide/exclude folders so that you only see the ones you want to see.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    Yes, the Gallery is a joke. Might I suggest a quick trip to the Market and grab QuickPic. It allows you to hide/exclude folders so that you only see the ones you want to see.
    Thanks for the app suggestion. Downloaded it and it's much better then the stock gallery.

Sry for going a bit off topic.

Tapped from my rooted Atrix 4G via Tapa.
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    Thanks for the app suggestion. Downloaded it and it's much better then the stock gallery.

Sry for going a bit off topic.

Tapped from my rooted Atrix 4G via Tapa.
    That's completely on topic.
    Not sure why I am so anti stock...even though I flash ROMs all the time. I just love keeping the apps built into the software on the phone. I don't use the gallery/camera much anyways.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Yeah, for some reason the Gingerbread update left our folders behind; we had it in 2.2.2, but lost it. Not sure of the thinking behind that move.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    interesting, sam ....I don't use the launcher, photo gallery, photo editor, text messaging, email, gmail, keyboard, dialer, or camera installed apps. In every case, I've replaced them with apps that I like better. The beauty of Android!
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    interesting, sam ....I don't use the launcher, photo gallery, photo editor, text messaging, email, gmail, keyboard, dialer, or camera installed apps. In every case, I've replaced them with apps that I like better. The beauty of Android!
    I know. There are many instances that some people here may recall where I complain about some aspect and they are like use this app..and im like ehhhhhhhhh

However something got me using launchers. Maybe it was because the blur launcher is...well....ultra lame?

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Which brings up the question of "why unlock?" I've found apps that improve whatever I've wanted improved, so far...and I'm still not rooted!

That's a serious question, btw...not rhetorical. I don't see the benefit vs risk.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Isn't the hard path to the camera images under: /Internal Phone Storage/DCIM/Camera

All of our pictures are stored in that directory by default through the default "Files" manager app.

- U

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Which brings up the question of "why unlock?" I've found apps that improve whatever I've wanted improved, so far...and I'm still not rooted!

That's a serious question, btw...not rhetorical. I don't see the benefit vs risk.
    I'm not sure that I'm completely following you on this - are you saying there should be no lock required, slide, rotary or otherwise? If you are, I'm in *total* agreement. It serves little practical use - a small kid could figure out how to open it in less than five minutes, so it's protection is minimal. Since I've always had some kind of "lock" on my android phones, I just try to make the best of the situation and usually opt for the rotary lock/unlock screen, but it's nothing more than an annoyance IMHO. There's a free app on the market called Agile Lock which installs the silver circle like they have in HTC Sense 3.0. It's a cool change from the sliding lockscreens, and you can turn it off whenever you grow bored with it, but it's STILL something you have to unlock to gain access.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads