Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Visidon AppLock - Review

This is a discussion on Visidon AppLock - Review within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; After rooting/unlocking my phone, I wanted a security app that would be able to protect unwanted use of other apps such as Titanium Backup, Root ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Lradke

Thread: Visidon AppLock - Review

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times

Visidon AppLock - Review

After rooting/unlocking my phone, I wanted a security app that would be able to protect unwanted use of other apps such as Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, ROM Manager...all the ones that I have that if tampered with could possibly do some harm to my phone, as I let my 3yr old play games on my phone. I tried a few different ones that I didn't like, then stumbled across Visidon AppLock (free).

Visidon AppLock is a security app that will block access to any app you want, that runs on face recognition software. It is very effective and works exactly how you would want it to. Setup is easy, you go into a well lit room and the app will take photos of your face to store in it's memory. Once that is done you enter a backup password in case the face recognition doesn't work. Once that is done you simply adjust the settings to how/when you want the app to run. After that you can click on the 'Apps' tab and select which apps you want to be protected. There are only the two screens in the actual application itself, 'Settings' and 'Apps'. You know it is working, as you will see a little lock on the left side of your notification bar.

This app works very well. I have used it for a few weeks now and haven't experienced any glitches with it, and the protection seems flawless. For example, I tested out how well it would protect the picture gallery (as there are many ways to access it) and wanted to see if I could find a "backdoor" into the gallery without needing to bypass the security app. I tried to access it every possible way, and before I could even catch a glimpse of a photo, I had to bypass security. Needless to say I am very impressed! So if you are looking for a good security app to prevent unwanted people to access something on your ATRIX, check this one out!

The best part is that there is a free version found on the Android Market, and it is not only a limited trial.
    Link: Visidon AppLock

Screenshots:
    Name:  Settings screen.PNG
Views: 54
Size:  65.6 KB Name:  Apps screen.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  85.8 KB Name:  Icon.PNG
Views: 80
Size:  365.5 KB
    james27007, das8nt, acb and 1 others like this.
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Remove Ads

Ads