Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Swiftkey Beta 3 released

This is a discussion on Swiftkey Beta 3 released within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Originally Posted by Garemlin Just a little cool tip I found out about. To type a comma swipe the comma/period key to the left. No ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Swiftkey Beta 3 released

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Member #
    2539
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,187
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Just a little cool tip I found out about. To type a comma swipe the comma/period key to the left. No need to long press.
    Thanks for that. I was annoyed that the comma was missing! I'm also a bit annoyed that a space is no longer appended to the end of an emoticon; I have to do it myself now. Sure, it's just one extra tap, but when you're used to something...

    EDIT: Evey with the left swipe of the period key, I still don't like the missing comma key. I use it way too much when texting (yeah, I'm a stickler for grammar and puctuation even when texting) and its absence is really throwing me off. And Swiftkey will actually put a space after an emoticon if you long-press and select one; it just won't do it when you tap the key for a quick :-) emoticon.
    Last edited by MJPollard; 04-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Member #
    469
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,647
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    Thanks for that. I was annoyed that the comma was missing! I'm also a bit annoyed that a space is no longer appended to the end of an emoticon; I have to do it myself now. Sure, it's just one extra tap, but when you're used to something...

    EDIT: Evey with the left swipe of the period key, I still don't like the missing comma key. I use it way too much when texting (yeah, I'm a stickler for grammar and puctuation even when texting) and its absence is really throwing me off. And Swiftkey will actually put a space after an emoticon if you long-press and select one; it just won't do it when you tap the key for a quick :-) emoticon.

    OP should've posted this video:


    you don't swipe the period key, you kinda long press it and then slide to select the punctuation you desire. And yes, I don't like not having an actual comma key either.

    Can't help you with emoticons since I don't use them a lot unless I'm in Japan, but then their phones have better emoticons.


    Done with this.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4165
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    991
    Liked
    177 times
    I am liking it thus far. How long till it expires?

    Tapped from CM7.2 @ 1.3ghz

  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    OP should've posted this video:


    you don't swipe the period key, you kinda long press it and then slide to select the punctuation you desire. And yes, I don't like not having an actual comma key either.

    Can't help you with emoticons since I don't use them a lot unless I'm in Japan, but then their phones have better emoticons.
    What in the world are you doing over in Japan? Or, should I not ask?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Member #
    469
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,647
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    What in the world are you doing over in Japan? Or, should I not ask?
    I am not in Japan now


    Done with this.

  6. #16
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    My mistake, should have read "What in the world were you doing over in Japan?"
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Member #
    3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,620
    Liked
    547 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    My mistake, should have read "What in the world were you doing over in Japan?"
    I think my cat is less curious
    Bob Brown and UltraDroid like this.

  8. #18
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Liked
    495 times
    I like SwiftKey alot, but there is one thing that bothers me (in addition to the punctuation mentioned). The speech to text button requires a long press or two clicks/presses. It would be nice to see that changed to one short press.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Member #
    469
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,647
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    My mistake, should have read "What in the world were you doing over in Japan?"
    Trying to work for Sony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    I like SwiftKey alot, but there is one thing that bothers me (in addition to the punctuation mentioned). The speech to text button requires a long press or two clicks/presses. It would be nice to see that changed to one short press.
    It's been that way since Swiftkey X........sadly. But they prefer advertising their brand over functionality
    Last edited by Bob Brown; 04-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.


    Done with this.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Member #
    2539
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,187
    Liked
    420 times
    Uninstalled Swiftkey 3 and went back to Swiftkey X. I like the improved font, but I just couldn't take the changes to the layout and behavior any longer, which IMHO are for the worse. Why did they have to screw around with something that worked?
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Swiftkey 2.2
    By Bob Brown in forum Motorola Atrix Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 11:27 PM
  2. Swiftkey X Phone/Tablet
    By captaincanada84 in forum Motorola Atrix Apps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 10:27 PM
  3. Root for 2.3.4 version 4.9.1 (beta 3 released 8 July)
    By ShadesofGrey in forum Motorola Atrix Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 02:28 PM
  4. [P-ROM] GladiAtrix 3 b0.2 for AT&T 1.83 CWM (*BETA*BETA*BETA*BETA*)
    By Bandit-BWK in forum Motorola Atrix Roms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 01:05 AM
  5. SwiftKey VIP (beta) CODE - ONE DAY AND ONE DAY ONLY SPECIAL!
    By Bob Brown in forum Motorola Atrix Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Search tags for this page

androbreadcrumbs
,

atrix 3 release date

,
atrix and emoticons
,

motorola atrix sound on keypress not working

,

swiftkey 3 app screenshots

,

swiftkey 3 beta expiration

,
swiftkey 3 click sound
,
swiftkey 3 motorola atrix 2
,

swiftkey 3 no key click sound

,
swiftkey 3 no sound
,
swiftkey 3 not making keypress sounds
,
swiftkey 4 feedback sound issue atrix
,

swiftkey beta

,
swiftkey cm7 no sound
,

swiftkey keypress sound change

Click on a term to search for related topics.