Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wave Control- Hands free music/device control

This is a discussion on Wave Control- Hands free music/device control within the Motorola Atrix Apps forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I came accross this app while looking for an app to use volume buttons to fastforward/rewind music. It use the proximity sensor in your phone ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times

Wave Control- Hands free music/device control

I came accross this app while looking for an app to use volume buttons to fastforward/rewind music. It use the proximity sensor in your phone to detect hand gestures to control music. I love it and had to share.
    Market:
    Free

Paid

Thread

Wave Control uses the proximity sensor to detect hand gestures to control music/movie playback (free version) and more (paid version).

I developed this originally on the Note and luckily it happened to have one of the best proximity sensors (at least for my uses). Now I've moved on to the SGSIII and it works just as well! Works best on the SGSIII, Note and Galaxy Nexus. Not so great on HTC phones and SGSII due to their particular sensors (much slower).

Performance will vary depending on which sensor your phone uses. All HTC phones use the same slow one. Samsung uses about 3 different vendors and more models.. most are good, Sony is usually ok, Motorola is a mixed bag. I try to account for some of the differences in the sensors. But be aware you may have to wave at a different speed than in the youtube videos.

There are 4 basic gestures:
    -Hover
    -1 Wave
    -2 Waves
    -3 Waves

By default they correspond to Play/Pause, Next, Previous, Enable/Disable Controls respectively.

In the Pro version or upgraded free version, they can be remapped to any of those plus: Screen Toggle On/Off, Volume Up, Volume Down, Launch Google Voice Search, Fast Forward, Rewind, and do nothing.

Popular uses are:
    When driving, don't have to take your eyes off the road to try to hit a button
    When your hands are dirty so you don't smear crap all over your phone like when cooking or working on car
    While on the computer, you don't have to bother waking the phone to change the song (works even when the screen is off)

New
    Control music on your PC using foobar2000 controller Pro-- Now compatible with Wave Control
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...0controllerpro
    Last edited by Condor97; 08-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Re: Wave Control- Hands free music/device control

I will be buying the paid version. Thanks.

Tapped from androbreadcrumbs

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Sure thing! I did the same thing. Added the paid link.

Remove Ads

Ads