Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

audio stutter

This is a discussion on audio stutter within the Motorola Atrix Audio forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Extras category; hello, ever since the Gingerbread update music stutters like crazy using the on board audio program or PowerAMP. It stutters the worst when using the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: audio stutter

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

audio stutter

hello, ever since the Gingerbread update music stutters like crazy using the on board audio program or PowerAMP. It stutters the worst when using the phone everytime i swipe or make a command. also when Idle it stutters randomly , kinda annoying since i use it as my MP3 player. anyone have any tips? thanks alot!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi, and welcome to the forums!

This actually seems to be a problem with the way the software is written for our phone currently. One of the developers that is a part of our community made a post on this subject just a few days ago. We're hoping the kernel he refers to (which is like the base code that the operating system runs off of), will be updated for our phones to take care of this issue, along with a few others.

See his post here: Music seems to be 'clipping'.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Yup im assuming Motorola has recognized this issue and are working on it behind the scenes (I dont know if they have made a public announcement). But this has been confirmed by a lot of people.

Its just time to wait

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ahh ok damn, thanks for the reply. Kinda glad to hear others are having the issue also as bad as that sounds lol
    thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I'm having the same issue. Using ProAmp because the stock player doesn't feel like recognizing album art...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    Yup im assuming Motorola has recognized this issue and are working on it behind the scenes (I dont know if they have made a public announcement). But this has been confirmed by a lot of people.

Its just time to wait

- Sam (tapped)
    I wouldn't assume that Motorola is going to update/fix anything. I don't think they recognize the problem with audio and the GB update. Here is a thread on Motorola forums discussing the issue. https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...55402?tstart=0

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
    I wouldn't assume that Motorola is going to update/fix anything. I don't think they recognize the problem with audio and the GB update. Here is a thread on Motorola forums discussing the issue. https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...55402?tstart=0
    I stand corrected. Dorian said something about them not using the type of software needed in the kernel to fix the problem either...
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeah its annoying when a company ignores a problem. Luckily I don't use my player and do other tasks at the same time so it doesn't affect me much. However, I would think that a phone with this much power would always have enough power on tap for multi-tasking. It's prob the most common reason people went with the Atrix in the first place. Hopefully there will be a fix in the near future.

Member #
    Twitter
    rigsc
    Liked
    0 times
    My ignorant gut feeling tells me that Atrix isn't the only Motorola phone having this problem and they are probably never going to do anything about it (directly anyways).

What I'm wondering is if this Gingerbread push was a last hoorah for the Froyo devices before Motorola moves its focus to the 4G phones or should we expect ongoing software updates? If we can expect updates then there's hope that they'll accidentally fix the problem. If not then will CM7 be our only hope for a glitch free music experience?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Could be, time will tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads