Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Music Stops When Phone goes to sleep

This is a discussion on Music Stops When Phone goes to sleep within the Motorola Atrix Audio forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Extras category; Hey Im having a problem with my music player on my Atrix. When I turn on my music player and let it sleep while I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Music Stops When Phone goes to sleep

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Music Stops When Phone goes to sleep

Hey Im having a problem with my music player on my Atrix. When I turn on my music player and let it sleep while I'm doing something else or just to save power within 2-3 mins my music closes and stops playing. Im currently using The Power Amp app or just the default music app. Im thinking its either my task killer that might be set up wrong or the default task killer is in use also. But I started experiencing this problem when I got the software update. If anyone knows anything about this or has a guess I would appreciate it

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Check your auto end list settings Task Manager/Auto end list. If its there deleted from the list. Also check in the music app itself and press settings. In there (if it has it) should be a sleep policy or settings to prevent it from going to sleep.
    stalemate likes this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Like RobKort said, check your Auto-End list in Task Manager. Just wanted to add that there are other apps that affects music playing such as Gallery, Files and Purchased Media. Keep these and music apps out of the Auto-End list.

Need help with Music Please - Old thread where myself and others were fighting this issue.
    KewlToyZ likes this.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yah i found another thread that was talking about the "gallery app", "Purchased Media" and one other one and took it off the auto end list. But now I'm wondering if having two task killers might be the problem now :/. I have the default one and i have the Advanced task killer. Im guessing it is bad to have two on at the same time. But thanks Robkort for the sleep timer but I think i still have a App on the auto end list that still effects my music player . Also thanks ROCer for the threads I'm looking through them all see if i can find out the problem with everyones help.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    No problem, we are here to help!

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromie08 View Post
    Yah i found another thread that was talking about the "gallery app", "Purchased Media" and one other one and took it off the auto end list. But now I'm wondering if having two task killers might be the problem now :/. I have the default one and i have the Advanced task killer. Im guessing it is bad to have two on at the same time. But thanks Robkort for the sleep timer but I think i still have a App on the auto end list that still effects my music player . Also thanks ROCer for the threads I'm looking through them all see if i can find out the problem with everyones help.
    I would recommend getting rid of any task killer you may have downloaded. Instead, as an alternative that wont actually DRAIN your battery (which task killers are known for - they stop apps, then the apps restart, they kill it again, it restarts again.... etc etc.) Try Titanium Backup Pro - the paid version. It will allow you to freeze apps, which is essentially the same thing as uninstalling them, only they remain on the phone. Completely Isolated. Do a little searching and you can find a list of *SAFE* apps/processes to freeze. I would not recommend freezing anything not on a safe list, as you *might* bork your phone.
    KewlToyZ likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Once again, I have to stress that Titanium Backup is a ROOT APP! It requires ROOT access to be able to do what is being recommended.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Shoot, you're totally right WERA - I forgot that! lol *facepalm*

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the advice folks. It seems to have fixed the problem. I have had the phone for 2 weeks and I kept adding apps to auto end to minimize battery usage, ended up with files, gallery, talk, and a few other media related apps like video in auto end list.
    I'll look for the safe list in here, def required reading for me. So far Car Tunes and Winamp are my fav players. Maybe now I can quit missing the media capabilites of my iPhone 3GS. I hated iTunes quite passionately. The Hotmail app really saved me because the default mail app wouldnt let me select which email account to look at. Does anyone know a really good Vcard editor so I can do pics and edit my contacts on my pc better? CSV is such a crappy means of contact management.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I suggest you read through this important post about task killers.

Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads