Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

EFS folder?

This is a discussion on EFS folder? within the Motorola Atrix FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi all, I'm planning to install a custom rom for my motorola atrix (Mb 860 - Froyo), and want to make a backup of EVERYTHING, ...

Thread: EFS folder?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question EFS folder?

Hi all, I'm planning to install a custom rom for my motorola atrix (Mb 860 - Froyo), and want to make a backup of EVERYTHING, since I have it since 2011/12 (VERY VERY AFRAID of ending with a brand new atrix "BRICK" =P ). Researching "Must do before" tips, I've got the advice to make a backup of my EFS folder (IMEI, MAc address, etc). I've installed root explorer and super manager, but can't find the folder (I guess motorola devices store that info in another folder, not the root one). So, my question is, where is the /EFS folder in Motorola Atrix? Or where can I find all this info to make a back of it?. Thanxx a lot... Willys =)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome to Atrix Forums!

I would suggest that you read (extensively) before you try rooting and unlocking your bootloader - prerequisites to installing a custom rom on your Atrix. Start here - [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs as well as here - Atrix Newbie Hacking Guide. and do not attempt to do anything until you understand what it is you are planning to do to your phone.

Unlocking the bootloader immediately voids your warranty, as well as trips a fuse which burns inside your phone. This burnt fuse is quite easy for a technician to spot, and can not be covered up or hidden from inspection. There is no way to reverse this process and "re-lock" your bootloader; once unlocked, it's permanent. There is also the possibility of doing permanent damage to your phone if the unlocking is not done correctly, so you need to read as much as you can find about the process of modding your phone (unlocking, rooting and installing a custom rom) *before* you attempt anything as it is always better to err on the side of caution.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Ads