Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why I'm returning my atrix...

This is a discussion on Why I'm returning my atrix... within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I switched from an iPhone 3G to the Atrix, taking a risk to try android. Honestly, I was aroused by the endless customization options, but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why I'm returning my atrix...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Why I'm returning my atrix...

I switched from an iPhone 3G to the Atrix, taking a risk to try android. Honestly, I was aroused by the endless customization options, but it turns out I'm not that happy with the OS itself. The device itself is fantastic, but periodically it would freeze up, app's would crash, and when I had full bars.. no app could access the internet. In all, I believe I'm permanently attached to iOS.

ATT.....
    I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with ATT. 4G??? It's not even 3G for Christs sake. I'm at the very edge to move to Verizon.

I will be returning the Atrix within a few days and wait for the iPhone 5. Hopefully, they will release iOS 4 which can allow more customization features and is user friendly.

In conclusion, android is a FANTASTIC OS, but it's just not for me like it isn't for many other people.
    Ska_Jedi_916 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm on the fence with the same situation as you. I switched from an iPhone 3G to the Atrix, now I'm bugged at ATT and not loving an OS that somestimes crashes or makes you take out the battery. (I do like that you can take out the battery though).. The last straw may be the corporate sync app that keeps dropping about 10% of my meetings.
    I have till the 24th to decide if I return the phone and try to limp along with my 3G till the iPhone 5 comes out maybe a more open Android on a different network with a better data plan.
    I still could keep the Atrix; it is better than my 3G but maybe not enough better for me to be happy with it for two years when I'll probably be able to pick up a new iPhone 5 in the summer.
    The slow "4G" speed doesn't impact me much since I have wifi just about every where I go but it's wrong for them to advertise it as a 4G phone and then limit it to crap bandwidth on their network.
    I'm grandfathered on the unlimited data plan with a corp discount at 26/month for data. The tethering policy is ridiculous. I'd gladly pay their 20/month to tether if I could turn it off and on month to month as needed but to do that I have to give up my unlimited data plan.
    Shame on you ATT

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Honestly, this version of android hasn't been optimized for this phones, more specifically dual core, and I get a feeling that they rushed the release of this phone a little.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Took mine back yesterday. The internet speed, the hesitation on wake, the ridiculously placed and hard to push wake button and of course the locked down system all combined to make it a huge disappointment! The ATT rep said "Believe me... you aren't the first one to bring the phone back"! I won't go back to iOS... just not for me, I have gone back to my trusty Nexus One... and will wait for the Galaxy S2.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I still love the phone and OS. I will never go back too iOS, I love the android browser with flash, watching hulu on my phone is awesome. I just hope the boot loader gets unlocked and ATT can fix these speed issues.
    Motorola Atrix MB860
    Unlocked 4life!!!
    ROM*CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC0-Olympus-KANG
    Kernel*2.6.32.9-MB860-CM7-Faux-123-v0.1.4 OC @ 1.1ghz

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I am glad that you guise are able to take them back. It would suck to be stuck with a phone you don't like.

I wish you luck with whatever phone you get.sorry the atrix didn't work for you...

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrolla View Post
    i still love the phone and os. I will never go back too ios, i love the android browser with flash, watching hulu on my phone is awesome. I just hope the boot loader gets unlocked and att can fix these speed issues.
    how did you figure out how to watch hulu on your phone?!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm more of a techie than my DH but that's not saying much. I'm going to try to root his phone tomorrow but if that doesn't work to get his company's apps loaded it's going back to the store too. Looks like he'll be joining me in on the dark side (I LOVE my iPhone) unless the rooting works.
    It's sad; I was initially disappointed that he went with the Android so I should be secretly thrilled that the Atrix isn't all it was cracked up to be, but now I just wish he could have what he wants without this stupid business-killing restriction getting in the way! Doesn't AT&T realize that LOTS of people use their phones for work and not just for play???

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Good luck with your new phone
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

mct
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
    how did you figure out how to watch hulu on your phone?!
    I would love to know this as well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads