Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

See y'all around

This is a discussion on See y'all around within the Motorola Atrix General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; My Atrix developed an issue where there were two "dead" bands on the screen that would not respond. Then T-Mobile makes radical changes that I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: See y'all around

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

See y'all around

My Atrix developed an issue where there were two "dead" bands on the screen that would not respond. Then T-Mobile makes radical changes that I like at a price that literally cut my AT&T bill in half. So I bit the bullet and signed up with T-Mobile and got the Galaxy Note II.
    OMG - aside from the phone being the absolute best ever, Android 4.1 has spectacular features that bump the useablity into a whole new realm. Motorola should be ashamed they broke their promise to get the Atrix up to at least ICS.
    My recommendation to anyone with an Atrix is to acknowledge there are much more capable phones out there now and you should consider letting the Atrix go...
    Adios amigos.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJon View Post
    My Atrix developed an issue where there were two "dead" bands on the screen that would not respond. Then T-Mobile makes radical changes that I like at a price that literally cut my AT&T bill in half. So I bit the bullet and signed up with T-Mobile and got the Galaxy Note II.
    OMG - aside from the phone being the absolute best ever, Android 4.1 has spectacular features that bump the useablity into a whole new realm. Motorola should be ashamed they broke their promise to get the Atrix up to at least ICS.
    My recommendation to anyone with an Atrix is to acknowledge there are much more capable phones out there now and you should consider letting the Atrix go...
    Adios amigos.
    Some people only care about whether or not their device functions the way it was designed to function. Not everyone needs to have the "latest and greatest". I'm glad you are enjoying your GN2. Absolute best device ever? Not a chance... But... to each their own. The reason people still hang onto their Atrix is because its a unique device - we'll never see another android device like it again. (I've still got my Atrix 4G too)
    Condor97, UltraDroid and nalomo like this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Yep you can pry my atrix out of my cold dead left hand, and my S3 out of my cold dead right hand...Glad to hear you enjoy your phone Bubbajon.
    Lradke likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hey, best of luck with the new phone! We have a forum dedicated to that phone here - Galaxy Note2 Forum - check it out.
    BubbaJon likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Good luck with your new phone.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    good luck. the note is a great device. pretty much all of the current generation of samsung devices are pretty sweet.

now i want a note 2. lol.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Some people only care about whether or not their device functions the way it was designed to function. Not everyone needs to have the "latest and greatest". I'm glad you are enjoying your GN2. Absolute best device ever? Not a chance... But... to each their own. The reason people still hang onto their Atrix is because its a unique device - we'll never see another android device like it again. (I've still got my Atrix 4G too)
    I agree about the uniqueness - I miss teh biometric scanner and teh power button on top. But - not much else I'm afraid. It's one of those "I didn't know what I was missing" moments. Things have really moved forward in the three years since I got my Atrix.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJon View Post
    I agree about the uniqueness - I miss teh biometric scanner and teh power button on top. But - not much else I'm afraid. It's one of those "I didn't know what I was missing" moments. Things have really moved forward in the three years since I got my Atrix.
    The biggest reason most people I know dont like the Note series is because its just too damn big... Some ppl like it tho. But if i wanted something that big, personally, I'd just get a tablet... The only really cool thing about the note series is the S-Pen feature. But, that in itself isn't enough for me personally to get one. Like I said, to each their own. We all have different tastes in devices, and the functionality of devices... As long as you love it and it does what you want. thats all that matters I have the Galaxy S3 as my current device, and I think I'll hang onto this one for a LONG time to come...

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    It's starting to feel like old times here.
    BubbaJon, RobKort, nalomo and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    The biggest reason most people I know dont like the Note series is because its just too damn big... Some ppl like it tho. But if i wanted something that big, personally, I'd just get a tablet... The only really cool thing about the note series is the S-Pen feature. But, that in itself isn't enough for me personally to get one. Like I said, to each their own. We all have different tastes in devices, and the functionality of devices... As long as you love it and it does what you want. thats all that matters I have the Galaxy S3 as my current device, and I think I'll hang onto this one for a LONG time to come...
    It does take a bit to get used to - but I have largish hands. The pen is friggin awesome. I've been told I could get an honorary doctorate on my handwriting alone - and this dang thing can *read* it most of the time! Seriously cool to be able to write notes either in just ink or transcribed. I wish it was more like OneNote in that it could read the ink in it's raw form - as it is I guess you can only get the text if you enter it directly in the text recognition box. But there are many nice things - the music app is good enough I ditched all of my 3rd party apps plus they have "buddy" screens that pop up in reaction to the pen and to the headphones being plugged in. The music player is one of the few that I can add a song to a playlist right there as it plays, it can fetch lyrics and you can delete that song that you finally got sick of hearing. It automatically and quickly updates the songs it finds on the SDcard - really and incredibly well thought out machine.
    G-Man and nalomo like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads